Chapter (12): Chloe Mitchell

Danni grabbed a towel drying herself and went to the kitchen. She was drying her wet face and she leaned on the kitchen counter continuing the drying process then she heard someone laugh lightly. She turned to the voice and found a pretty young girl probably the same age as her, she had a brown hair, light brown eyes and her skin was radiant with joy. She locked eyes with Danni and smiled too sweetly that Danni could see her dimples.

"Umm...Who are you and what's so funny?" asked Danni.

"I'm sorry... it's just you look like you were flooded or something"

"Yeah, that was about to happen. So, your name is...?" She smirked.

"I'm Chloe" she said as she extended her hand.

"I'm Danni" She shook hands with her. "But I'm usually dry" She added jokingly and Chloe chuckled.

"Chloe!" Robert's voice called "Chlo- there you are!" he said as he kissed her cheek and he noticed Danni standing... wet. "I see you met Danni"

"I did and she is funny"

He chuckled. "She is... Danni this is my daughter Chloe"

"Nice to meet you" she said and Chloe nodded shyly.

"Why are you so wet? Did you fell in the pool or something?" asked Robert.

"A pipe burst in Avery's bathroom while I was fixing it... or should I sat 'tried' to fix it"

Chloe chuckled. "Are you a plumber?"

"No" She chuckled. "I'm a chief"

"Oh! So you are the new chief my dad was talking about"

"You were talking about me?" She looked back and forth between them.

"All the good stuff" He chuckled. "I was telling my family about how great and skillful you are for someone so young"

"Thanks" She smiled.

"Chloe comes here to visit me. She works with Mrs. Carlisle as her young apprentice"

"Really? That's nice"

"It is. I design the dresses and she likes them. It's all about the skills"

"Even better" She grinned and locked eyes with her again.

"Now, I have to go..." She checked the time from her cell phone "Okay, dad, I'll see you later" She kissed his cheek and turned to Danni. "It was a pleasure meeting you Danni" She was flirting with her with the eyes.

"The pleasure was all mine" she said confidently.

She turned around and left them.

"I'm gonna go change to my work clothes"

"I hope you don't get a cold"

"I won't"

***************************

Avery called the plumber who was giving her hard time because of his so many questions. Whenever he asked something she answered him coldly and whenever he stopped talking and continued his work, her mind goes back to her moment with Danni today, flooding Danni was fun but Danni chasing after her and being on top of her was something else. With Danni's hazel eyes, Danni's smile, Danni's soft laughs, Danni's confidence.

"I'm finished" said the plumber then he cleared his throat when he found her lost in her thoughts.

"Sorry"

She followed him downstairs but she was distracted again. She opened the door for him and he extended his hand for the money and she gave him a fake smile and handed him the money.