Chapter (14): Cleaning Up

Danni spent the whole night cleaning up the mess that she got tired and fell asleep leaning her head on the kitchen table. The next day, both Danni and Avery were still sleeping and it was 8:00 AM. Danni's head was on the table with her hands extended on it and Avery was sleeping on her comfortable bed. The kitchen back door opened and came in Chloe with papers in her hands, she saw Danni sleeping with her head on the table, so she went to her hearing her snoring softly. She shook her off gently trying to wake her up.

"Danni" she said as she shook her. "Danni!" She snapped her fingers near her ear and Danni jerked awake.

"What?!" she said and Chloe chuckled behind her and Danni turned her head rubbing her eyes from the tiredness. "Hey!... What are you doing here?"

"I came to deliver some papers but then I saw you sleeping here"

"Uh-huh" She yawned and closed her eyes again giving up to sleep.

"Danni!" She raised her voice and Danni woke up again.

"Sorry... I cleaned up all night"

"You spent all night here?" She frowned.

"I had to... The house was a mess and somebody had to clean it up"

"But that's not your job"

"Well, I kinda did it eventually" She stood up stretching. "I have to continue... I haven't finished yet"

"Oh, no you aren't" She pushed her lightly to the chair. "Sit down"

"Okay?"

"You need some rest, I'll deliver these papers to Meredith's study and come back to make you a cup of coffee... go wash your face"

"Mm-hmm" She nodded. "Yes sir... I mean ma'am"

Chloe chuckled and left to drop the papers on Meredith's desk and Danni went to wash her face. She passed by Avery's room and found her still sleeping like an angel with her hair falling on the pillow beside her. She went to the kitchen, washed her face and grabbed a pill and a glass of water for Avery's for her hangover and put them beside her on the nightstand then took her leave.

Danni went downstairs to the kitchen and found Chloe making her the promised coffee. She leaned on the door frame watching her.

"Thank you" she said.

Chloe turned her head and smiled. "Anytime"

She motioned for her to sit and she obliged. Chloe handed her the coffee and Danni took a sip from it and closed her eyes enjoying the taste.

"So, why were you here last night?"

"You can say that I crashed yesterday's party and cleaned the owner's mess"

She sighed. "But it's not your job to clean all the mess by yourself"

"Trust me, I know that"

She took another sip and rubbed her neck, groaning from the pain and Chloe took the hint so she stood up and went behind Danni and started massaging her softly and Danni leaned into her touch and closed her eyes.

"God, you are so tense" said Chloe as she was massaging her.

"You have no idea" She sighed heavily.

"You have so many knots but it's fine I can fix you"

"Yeah? Good because I really need this"

Chloe's hands moved from massaging her back to her shoulder, to the back of her neck then landed on Danni's hair stroking it gently and Danni felt like she was in heaven.