Chapter (4): Oh My Cook!

April and Avery went to a club in Avery's car, they entered the club and started dancing on their way to the bar.

"This is amazing!" she said.

"I told you I know the place" She grinned and the bartender came to them. "We will have shots, lots and lots of shots" He nodded at them and started preparing their drinks.

"How do you know this place?" asked Avery looking around.

"Steve does"

"Steve?" She chuckled. "But he is a nerd how come he knows such places?"

"Like you said he is a nerd which equals genius"

"Here you go ladies" He offered them the drinks and they thanked him.

April raised her glass. "To us and to your car"

"Hear, hear" They clinked their glasses and took the shots.

"How are things with your parents?" she asked.

She sighed. "They are acting cold towards each other and I hear them argue at night but when I'm with them they pretend that everything is fine" She shrugged.

"I'm so sorry, Ave. I know it's hard and they are going through a rough patch in their marriage but hey! Who knows maybe things will turn out just fine. Every couple pass through this phase like me and Steve, we fight but then we make up and I'm sure you don't want to know how" She smirked and Avery laughed.

"Ew! No! I don't wanna know how"

"And about Ryan... screw that guy! He doesn't deserve you, you need someone who treats you right. Speaking of which, do you have eyes on someone?"

"No, not currently. Ryan hurt my feelings so bad and I think I need a breather right now, a break from all this"

"I'll drink to that" She raised her second glass. "What are you looking for in a person anyway?"

"Well..." She thought before speaking. "Being handsome that's one, and he should have six packs, gentle, sweet, nice, a good kisser and of course good in bed" April laughed. "I just wanna feel the warmth whenever he hugs me" she said dreamingly.

"I don't want to break the bad news to you but with high qualifications like that you'll never find that person"

"Ryan was one of them"

"Until he cheated on you" She stated.

"Yes. Until he cheated on me"

They spent more couple of hours in the club dancing and talking until it was late enough for them to go home.

Avery sat on the bed after she changed her clothes into a light pink lace nightwear. She considered April's words about her parents' issues. Her parents have been fighting since last year about things she has never been able to hear, all she knows was that her mother told her that she stopped loving her father and her father became distant for a while.

She pulled the covers over her and went to sleep from all the drinking she had.

*****************************

She woke up late the next morning, it was 11:00 AM. She massaged her temples from the headache and noticed that she forgot to bring herself pills, so she hopped out of the bed and went downstairs while yawning and rubbing her eyes from sleepiness. Entering the kitchen and grabbing herself an orange juice and the pill was already in her hand. She took the pill and the juice followed. On hearing someone clear their throat she turned around and saw the mechanic girl sitting on the chair. She chocked on her drink and almost spilled.

"What..." She coughed. "... are you doing here?"

"Oh! You are finally up" said Meredith as she entered the kitchen. "I have great news to you" She clasped her hands together. "Meet Danielle, she will be working with Abigail... "

"Oh..." said Avery softly.

"She will be our new..." Her mom continued.

"My..." She continued softly, staring at Danni.

"Cook!" said Meredith excitedly.

Meredith grinned as she introduced the new cook. Avery eyes went wide and her jaw dropped as Danni smirked at her and eyed her up and down.