Chapter (38): The 80,000$

Feeling tired from tonight's events, Danni went to her bed, sitting on it and took a look on her hand that punched Raymond, it was red so she went and put it under the water for a while until it cooled down but her heart was not, it was hot and vibrant. They kissed... Made out and it was Avery who did it first but they didn't talk about it. Avery left her behind wordlessly about what happened and that left Danni confused.

She rested her head against the pillow putting in her mind that tomorrow they need to talk.

The next morning, it was Saturday, no college but break and Avery deserved a break from her lately misfortunate events. She rested her back against the headboard and let out a tired sigh, closed her eyes and saw images of Danni's kiss from last night, it was unexpected. She thought she did the wrong thing by kissing her but Danni grabbed her and kissed her fully, making her heart race in her chest and fly like a rocket.

She headed downstairs and saw her mother talking on the phone with someone and it seemed urgent. Avery sat across from her mother and ate a strawberry until her mother finished.

"Morning and what's wrong?" asked Avery.

"I called the bank and it seems that-" Her phone rang again, interrupting her. "Hello?... This is she..." She sighed and closed her eyes. "Okay... I'll be there"

"Work?"

"Yes... and I have to run" She kissed her forehead. "Bye"

"Bye" She waved.

******************************

"I keep hearing those sounds in my car for a while and I don't know what they are" said the customer in frustration.

"What does they sound like?" asked Danni.

"Uhh... squealing. Yes! That's what they are"

"Alright, let me see what I can do"

She opened the car hood and motioned for the customer to revive the engine. There was squealing sound like he said and she motioned for him to turn off the car.

"Your serpentine belt is slipping that's what is causing the sound"

"Is it serious?"

"Not at all. We just need to replace it"

"Danni!" Josh called out.

"Excuse me" she said to the customer. "Hey Noah, could you please replace this guy's serpentine belt?" He nodded at her and went to the customer while she went to her uncle. "What's up?"

"You are free tonight to watch Ben, right?"

"Yeah"

"Okay, good, because tonight I won't be able to watch him"

"Is that all?"

"No"

"Had a feeling" She smirked.

"What happened between you and Avery? Is everything back to normal?"

"Well..." She rubbed the back of her neck. "A lot has happened since but I can give you the latest updates"

"Okay? You seem nervous"

She sighed. "Because I'm. Something happened last night and I can't forget about it, it's impossible"

"What?"

"... Last night, she came over to my house and... I don't know why but... she kissed me"

His eyes went wide and his mouth was shaped like an 'O' "... And what did you do?"

"She apologized about it and before she can leave, I grabbed her and kissed her?"