4

*Riiiing riiiing*

I took my phone from my nightstand to look at the time. It's 5.30 am. Ugh 5 more minutes please. Time past by those 5 minutes became 15 minutes. Then I realized what Mr. Kim said. He doesn't like people being late. It's only my second day at work I can't mess up already.

I got up and headed to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror. I look like a hot mess. I couldn't sleep last night. I was constantly thinking about Mr. Kim and what he had said yesterday.

I was wondering why he didn't say that he recognized me. Maybe, I should ask him if and when I get the chance. Is it weird if I ask him? Wait, does it make me look needy when I ask? Ugh my head is starting to hurt again. Anyway, I should shower.

After I got out of the shower, I heard my phone go off. It was Jennie. I picked up.

"Hey, girl. What you up to?" She asked in excitement.

"Hi, just getting ready for work. Why are you calling me so early?" I asked curiously. She always calls at inconvenient moments.

"Well, I woke up and had this amazing idea. Remember when we had those sleepovers when we were in high school. Let's have one this Friday." She said enthusiastically.

I could hear how happy she was. I am so tired and would rather just sleep the whole weekend. But Jennie is my best friend and If she wants a sleepover then I guess we're having a sleepover.

"Yeah sure. Sounds fun. I'm up for it." I said while Laughing.

We ended the phone call after that. I got back in the bathroom and did my hair and makeup. I think I look cute. I let my hair loose like yesterday. Did a light makeup. Nothing too extravagant. I still like the natural look.

I picked out a navy-blue dress. It's a little short. It's one hand above the knee. It won't hurt, I think. The dress still looks classy. I looked at the time and it was 6.20 am. I need to hurry up. I put on my heels and coat. Took my keys and purse. I walked out my apartment and took a cab.

As I arrived at the company I had to run to the elevator. It was about to close. I yelled "Please hold the elevator!" A hand stopped the elevator. I tried to catch my breath and turned to the man next to me to thank him.

When I turned towards him, I realized it's Mr. Kim. "Hello sir. Thank you for holding the elevator." I said looking down.

He didn't say anything just pushed the button for the 25th floor. Going from 1 to 25 takes a while. This is also his private elevator. So, I knew nobody was going to get in. I took this as an opportunity to ask him about what he said yesterday.

"Sir, can I ask you something?" I asked him carefully.

He looked at me frowning and didn't say a word.

I decided to just talk. "It's about what you said yesterday..." He interrupted me before I could finish.

"What are you talking about miss Yuna?" He said in a stern voice.

If you would have let me finish talking. You would have known already. I said in an angry tone in my head without showing it on my face.

"Uhm I was talking about our very first encounter. I thought you had forgotten about it but, then you said yesterday something about me being sober. So, that means you remember right?" I asked while looking down and playing with my fingers.

"Yes, I do remember. I wasn't the one who was drunk. I'm surprised you remember." He said while looking in front of him.

I was shocked by what he said. Is he trying to make me angry? I can't show him it's making me angry. He's still my boss. If he wants, he can just fire me.