7

"Hello, mom what can I do for you?" he said kind of annoyed.

It looks like he really isn't happy to talk to her. I wonder what she is saying to him.

"Yeah well I was very busy yesterday. That's why I didn't pick up." He replied calmly to her.

They talked for a bit. I could see that he tried to cut the conversation short. It sounded like she wants to come over. He is trying to find ways out but, it's not working. He finally agreed and ended the conversation.

He sighed very hard and leaned back in his chair. He turned his chair around and looked outside.

"Is everything okay Sir?" I'm genuinely concerned. It's like he really doesn't want to see his own mother. I mean what's so bad about seeing your mother?

"Yes, everything is fine. My mom will be here in 10 minutes. When she comes, I will go and greet her. Can you please stay here? I don't want to go over everything again. It's not necessary." He said annoyed.

"Of course, Sir. I'll be out of sight." I said. Feeling compassion for him.

"Thank you, for understanding." His tone was very sincere.

I didn't say anything back to him. I just smiled. Then suddenly the doorbell rang. It's probably his mom.

He got up from his chair and said "I'll try to make this quick."

I nodded in response and watched him walk out of the office.

NAMJOON POV

I walked towards the door and opened it. For god sakes why did she have to come along. I was happy to see my mom but, she brought Irene with her.

"Hello, mom." I greeted her and kissed her cheek.

"Hello, my lovely hardworking son." She said while pinching my cheeks.

"Hello, Namjoon. How are you?" Irene said giving me a hug.

While hugging her I whispered "Why are you here?"

"Your mom invited me to come along. Why? Aren't you happy to see me?" She said loud enough for my mom to hear.

"He is very happy to see you Irene." My mom answered in my place. That was not what I was going to respond.

I rolled my eyes and walked past them into the living room. I sat down on the couch. They also sat down. I was waiting for my mom to speak.

"So, honey how have you been. It's been so long since you have talked to us. Your father is very sad with the way things turned out. He hasn't been eating very well lately and he got sick too." She said trying to guilt me into doing what they want.

"How is he right now?" I asked worried. I know she is saying this to work on my emotions but, he is my father after all.

"He is good now. Luckily Irene was there to take care of him." She said looking at Irene.

Again, with this Irene bullshit. I'm not interested into marrying her. First of all, she opens her legs for everyone with money or status. Second, I seriously can't stand her. All she does is gossip or talk about clothes.

"Namjoon, I think you should give it another try for the sake of your father." She said looking at me with a sweet smile. I love my parents and would never do anything to upset them but, I just can't do this for them. I can't imagine myself sleeping next to one woman for the rest of my life. Definitely not Irene.

*Sigh* "Mom, we talked about this before. I'm not interested in getting married. The company is doing fine. Irene's parents' company won't make a difference." I said while looking into her eyes.