Childhood Room

I thought of this myself because the only one who is requesting is my darling best friend. I think that I just told her that she was my best friend. Well on with the show.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

John's POV
It was Christmas time and I had been invited to Sherlock's parent's house. It had been a long year, Mary had taken Rosie and disappeared. I knew I couldn't trust her but I missed my child. I know Sherlock had tried to find her. I don't blame him for it not being his top priority. After Mary left I divorced her. I was now dancing around my relationship with Sherlock. I had been in love with him since day one. I regret marrying Mary. I'm kind of glad it all worked out. I was excited to go to Sherlock's old house again. When I was there before I got the feeling that his parents didn't like Mary. I also wanted to see what Sherlock was like as a kid. Last time we went we were a bit distracted by impending doom. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at my watch. "Sherlock come on we're going to be late," I shouted.

I heard a grumble come from behind me. I turned around to see Sherlock with a grumpy expression on his face. "Well someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning." I teased.

"John that is not possible. I wake up on the left side of the bed every day." Sherlock said.

I tried not to think about how I always slept on the right side. "It's a saying dear." I retorted.

Sherlock turned bright red and looked at the ground before turning on his heel and walking through the door. I heard him nearly fall down the stairs before deciding to follow him. It took me another hour of Sherlock being silent for me to figure out I called him dear.

We arrived at his house a couple of hours later. I was about to knock on the door when it flew open and Sherlock's mother pulled me in for a hug. "Oh, John dear it's so nice to have you." She said.

"Thanks, Mrs Holmes. It's nice to be here." I replied smiling.

I nudged Sherlock and he gave a fake smile. His mother tutted and pulled us no the inside. We had arrived in the kitchen. "Sherlock your room is exactly as you left it if you want to stay." She said.

"No thank you we'll be getting a hotel room," Sherlock muttered.

"I'd love to see your childhood room," I said smirking at him.

He shook his head at me while his mother smiled. "I know for a fact that there's a hammock in his room if you'll need separate beds." His mother exclaimed.

"Lead the way Sherl," I smirked again as he started to walk in the direction of what I hoped was his room. Or he could always push me down a hole and I would be none the wiser.

We walked down the hallway before we reached a plain wooden door. He gestured towards it. "What not going to do the grand honer. I will want a tour and a story for everything." My smirk never left my face.

"John are you out of women to flirt with that you had to settle for me?" He groaned.

He was trying to hide the fact that he was blushing. I had been flirting with him for weeks now. I know that I was trying to be subtle but I can't do that. "Darling you would be my first choice to flirt with," I replied. He turned a darker shade of red before grabbing the door handle and pushing it open. He walked inside and I followed. It was not what I expected. There were eight large bookshelves filled with fantasy and non-fiction in no particular order. There was a queen-sized bed in the corner with a beaten up pride flag over it. In another corner, there was a hammock. Posters hung on the wall. Green Day and Fall Out Boy hung scattered on it. A Twilight poster was hung a bit farther away from those. The nightstand was covered in jewellery. There were necklaces, bracelets and earrings. There was a table with a huge mirror on it. It had makeup and an open book about bees. I looked at him to see him looking at his feet. "Storytime," I whispered.

"I would use the hammock as a reading area. I often fell off though." He gestured at the posters. "Nobody liked me at school so I turned to music." He pointed at the Twilight poster. "Hated the books and movies. The thing was I was obsessed with vampires when I was fifteen. I thought Edward was hot." He turned on his heel and pointed at the bookshelves. "This really shouldn't be a surprise. I love to read. I enjoyed Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings. I studied as well so I could get ahead in class."

I grinned at him. "So jewelry?" I asked.

Sherlock rolled his eyes. "I went to a strict christen school. I would wear jewellery to piss them off. I would use the makeup to do the same thing. I even went to school wearing a dress to tick off the principal. I got my ears pierced as well."

"I'm going to stop you there because I need to see this." I grinned.

He walked over to the nightstand and picked up a pair of black feather earrings and then turned to the mirror. I watched as he put them in. He turned around and it was the hottest thing I've ever seen. "Watson calm yourself." He said with a smirk.

I blushed and turned away. "If you two have stopped trying to get into each other's pants dinner will be ready soon." I turned to see Mycroft standing in the doorway.

He took a couple of steps forward and looked around the room. His eyes landed on the pride flag in the wall. "I remember that." He said pointing. "They couldn't get it down for a week." He was smiling. It was the first time I had seen Mycroft smile.

Sherlock finally recovered from Mycroft's comment and turned to look at me. "My school was homophobic. I was a gay out of the closet. Mycroft as well. He was smarter though waited until he got out of the school before he came out. I got picked on and beaten up every day. Mycroft gave me the flag as a peace offering. I hung it on the flag pole. They couldn't get it down for a week. When they finally did they tried to throw it away but I found it and ran around the school with it. It's a good memory so I hung it up."

I started laughing. "That was the funniest thing I've ever heard." I choked out.

Sherlock smiled at me and walked over. I hadn't noticed that Mycroft had left at the time. He smiled down at me and I grinned. I knew where this was going and I couldn't wait. "Can I kiss you?" I whispered.

He nodded and I pulled him down for a sweet kiss. It was slow until I licked his lip. He opened his mouth to let me. I explored his mouth. A cough interrupted our make-out session. I turned and looked over to see Sherlock's father standing in the doorway. "You better take care of him. Also dinners ready." He said.

I kept holding Sherlock's waist. "I will sir," I said.

He smiled and turned around leaving us alone. "Well come on its dinner. We can continue this at the flat." I said.

He was shaking a bit but smiled and nodded. I grabbed his hand and pulled him through his door. When we got to the kitchen his mother smiled. "So you wouldn't be needing the hammock then." She said.

I smiled at Sherlock. He smiled back. "No, I don't think we'll be needing it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank y'all for reading. I just went to theatre camp and put on a play. It was great. The only mishap was when I fell off a box. I tripped on a girls skirt and fell. I also pulled her skirt down as well. So yeah. It's all fine though. Request!!!!