Day #22 In Battle Side-By-Side

I made this one to be like a mythical creature against humans. I basically got this from Maleficent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sherlock glared at the stone walls surrounding the castle. He turned to the small fairy next to him. "Stupid humans. Why do they get to live in comfort while we are hunted to extinction?" He growled and flexed his wings. "We're obviously superior."

"That's why they fear us. They fear anything that is powerful." She looked around nervously. "We should go because we're too close to the border."

Sherlock glared at the stone wall again. He sighed and stretched his wings out, launching into the air was no problem for him. He grinned as the wind hit his feathers. He would never get sick of the Sky. He looked behind him. The poor fairy was struggling to keep up. Sherlock rolled his eyes. Taking pity on the poor thing he slowed down enough so she was just ahead of him. "You're so slow Molly."

Molly looked defeated. "I'm too small."

"At least you're good at hiding."

Molly had won every match of hide and seek they ever played. She had a knack for blending in. That made her the perfect partner to spy on people. "It's my best trait." She said grinning.

"No, your best trait is your personality. You're the nicest person in the village."

"Oh, you're kind."

"Take it back."

"Never."

"I am not kind and you know it. I am only kind to certain people and you happen to be the only one."

Molly smiled they had been best friends since Sherlock had protected her from humans. He had also set her up on a date with one of the pixies. Pixies have the same build as fairies, humanoid with insect wings, but pixies are smaller and more mischievous. Irene Adler happened to be the worst. Molly had fallen for her immediately. Sherlock eventually had to intervene because he was starting to get sick of only hearing about Irene for a month.

A raven flew out of the trees. It flew crookedly and almost fell out of the sky. Sherlock rolled his eyes. The raven steadied itself and nodded its head. It then promptly fell out of the sky. Sherlock groaned and dove after it. He caught the raven two meters from the ground. The raven squawked and tried to free itself from Sherlock's grip. Sherlock held tight and flew through the forest, only stopping when he reached a cave in the cliffside. Molly was long gone. She knew to stay away from the cave. The raven managed to free itself and hopped onto the ground. "Hello, brother dear," Mycroft said.

Mycroft's black beady eyes swept over Sherlock. Mycroft was the guardian of the forest. He was the most intimidating creature here. His horns nearly touched the ceiling of the roof. His wings were curled behind him. He held a staff in his hands. He looked over to the raven on the floor and waved it. A tall man with grey hair stood up. "You know I hate it when you do that," he said.

"You need to learn how to fly."

"It feels weird and I don't like it."

"You are impossible Greg."

Greg rolled his eyes. "I'm sticking to land animals," he said and walked to the back of the cave.

Mycroft smiled at him before snapping back to Sherlock. "You were too close to the border."

Sherlock rolled his eyes. "Yes, and?"

"Do you want the humans to find you?"

"The humans won't find me.'' Sherlock looked at his brother in the eyes. "And if they do I'll kill them."