Day #16 During Their Morning Rituals

Before Dating: John would get up first and make tea. If Sherlock had decided to sleep he would get up about two hours later. If he didn't he was already doing something. Either playing the violin or working on a case.

"I made tea," John said.

Sherlock nodded and grabbed a cup. His hair was a mess. It was noon and he had just woken up. He usually didn't fully wake up until an hour later. He had no filter and on rare occasions fell asleep again. John ruffled Sherlock's hair. "What are you doing?" Sherlock mumbled.

"Your hair's a mess. It makes you look funny."

"Does not."

"Does too. Lestrade wants to see us so you need to finish waking up and get dressed. You should also probably comb your hair."

Sherlock grumbled in response.

Dating: "Time to wake up." John said, nudging Sherlock.

"Ten more minutes."

John chuckled. "You know normally people say five more minutes."

"It's easier to bargain when you give more numbers."

"Well we aren't bargaining, get up," he said and shoved Sherlock off him. "Up and at me."

"No." Sherlock wined.

"Well, I'm getting up," John said and kissed Sherlock's hair. "Your hair is a mess."

John ran his fingers through it. Trying to work out the knots. "You should stay. We aren't doing anything today."

"You aren't I have work."

"Skip it."

"Cant."

"Fine. I'm going back to sleep."

John smiled and kissed Sherlock's cheek. "Don't sleep the day away, love."

A soft snore was the only thing that answered him.