Parent-Teacher Conferance

So again I live in America so I don't know how the school system works in London. Probably a lot better than ours. This is just some stuff I have learned about. Sorry if this one's not as good as the rest. I really want to go back to school. On the plus side, I got Bendy and the Ink Machine. Oh and I recommend to everyone to look up Malaga Island. Its an island off the coast of Phippsburg, Maine with a dark history. Comment what you learned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Johns POV

"Behave," I whispered in Sherlock's ear.

He glared at me. "Why wouldn't I?"

"Because you never behave around people," I muttered.

He sighed. "I'll keep my mouth shut." I smiled at him. "If they don't say anything rude," he muttered.

I sighed and kissed his cheek. "Love, please, this is our first time meeting Rosies teachers."

He groaned. "Fine."

I smiled at my husband and walked out of our room to try and find our daughter. It was a parent-teacher conference and I wanted Sherlock to be on his best behaviour. We were both a bit wary when meeting Rosies teachers together. The last time we did that was five years ago. We weren't married but engaged. The teacher made Rosie's life hell after she met us. Sherlock didn't even do anything. The teacher was just homophobic. I hoped this was a better reaction.

An hour later we were sitting outside of Rosie's classroom. A mother walked out with her son. There was a clear tension with them. She had that grip on his arm, the one my mother would give me if I was in trouble. I gulped. I turned to Sherlock when I felt him reassuringly squeeze my hand. "Doesn't do homework and falls asleep in class," he whispered in my ear.

I let out a sigh of relief. A young woman appeared in the doorway. "Are you Rosie's parents?" she asked.

I stood up and held out my hand. "John Watson-Holmes. Are you Mrs Mea?"

She smiled and shook my hand. "Yes, I am. Come right in."

I followed her into the classroom. It was dimly lit and colourful posters filled the wall. "Sorry, the students like it dark. Teenagers are like vampires." she laughed.

We made our way to her desk and sat down. Rosie sat in between me and Sherlock. "Rosies a wonderful student, she's very smart. A's in all her classes. In Social studies, we're working on world war two. She wrote a very good paper on Joseph Stalin."

I smiled at her. I met Sherlock's eye. He was beaming. "In ELA we're reading Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster Boy. I told the kids we could learn about history in one state in America. We chose Maine. She seems fascinated by Malaga Island."

I looked at Sherlock, he whispered something in Rosie's ear, she nodded. I raised an eyebrow? "In science, we were working on some dissection. Rosie didn't even have to read the paper. Care to explain why?" she asked.

Mrs Mae was still smiling so I assumed there wasn't anything to worry about. "My husband often works at the morgue. He brings Rosie sometimes.'' I said.

She nodded. "It's nice that you two can have fun together while learning. Rosie might be an explanatory doctor someday."

I looked at Sherlock and smiled. He seemed to relax a bit. "Math is a tough subject though. Rosie speeds right through it. I'm starting to run out of worksheets for her."

"So everything's good then?" I asked.

"The only worrying thing is her social life," Mrs Mea said.

Rosie scowled. "Not my fault they're idiots," she muttered.

I rolled my eyes. "She is good friends with Susie and Sammy."

Rosie brightened at those names. "They're great people. I just don't like Joey, he's mean. It's not my fault everyone likes him," Rosie said.

Mrs Mea nodded. "He's not the nicest."

Five minutes later we walked out of the classroom. I clapped my hands. "Well since everyone was on their best behaviours we can get ice cream," I said.

"Yesssss." Rosie hissed.

Sherlock kissed me on the cheek. "What were we so worried about?" he asked.

"I don't know but as long as you two are brilliant human beings I'm sure we can get through anything," I said and kissed him.

I followed Rosie outside. Sherlock trailing after me. I love my family, I might be the only sane one but at least its never boring.