Day #15 In a Different Clothing Style

"Why am I wearing this?" John asked.

"Well, you can't go undercover looking like you normally do."

"I'm in a suit with coattails."

"And you look very good in it now shut up," Sherlock said, putting a finger over John's mouth to shush him.

John rolled his eyes at his husband. "Why are you in a dress?"

"Cause the whole case is with extremely homophobic people and I'm not letting any girl dance with you," Sherlock said and adjusted his wig.

John laughed. "You really think you can pull off being a girl. I mean the looks are there but-"

"But what?" Sherlock said. His voice higher pitched and way more feminine.

"How did you do that?" John asked, his eyes wide.

"Practice," Sherlock said normally.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

"So who's this?" a white-haired man asked John gesturing to Sherlock.

"This is my hu-" Sherlock jabbed him in the ribs, "wife, Sherline."

"What a wonderful young lady," he said, looking Sherlock up and down.

John glared at him. "Well, we'd better be off," John said.

John dragged Sherlock over to the food table, still glaring at the man. "Calm down," Sherlock said reassuringly in his high pitched voice.

"Where do we need to go?"

"Boiler room. You stay here to avoid suspicion. Don't do anything stupid." Sherlock said and walked off.

John smiled as he went after this case he wanted to have a fun night with his detective. The dress was killing him. "You lose your girl already?" The same man from earlier asked.

John jumped. "She's just off to talk to a friend of hers."

"Well if you don't mind me saying you've got yourself quite the looker."

"Yeah."

"What I wouldn't give for a woman like that."

John glared at the man. He clearly wanted something and wasn't afraid to ask. "Yes well, I'm sure you will find someone. Though I have to go find my wife. We're meant to get home and relieve the sitter of their duties."

"I'll come with you."

"You really shouldn't she's shy."

"Women are like that. It's part of the fun."

"I have to insist."

"Oh come on we both know it's only a little bit of fun."

That's when Sherlock ran past them followed by armed guards. His wig was still on and he looked panicked. "Fuck," John said and sprinted after him, leaving the man behind.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

They walked back into the flat. Sherlock was holding his wig and John was holding a bag full of evidence. "What happened?" Alex asked standing up from the chair.

"Sherlock got in trouble and we were kicked out."

"What'd you do this time?" they asked.

"Stole evidence that would put them in jail for four years."

"That would do it. Welp Rosie went down about two hours ago. Hamish is refusing to sleep so I locked him in his room and he stopped making noise thirty minutes ago. He either escaped out the window or fell asleep."

John smiled at them. "Well, goodnight. Say hi to Amy for us."

Alex walked out the door. "Nice dress," they called.

"Thank god that's over," John said. "I had plans but now I would much rather go to bed."

"Later."

"What?"

"Hamish escaped through the window."

"He'll be by Mycroft's then." John groaned. "I'll go get him."

"Thank you."

"I'll be back in an hour," John said, putting on his coat again.