Forgot you

So I'm feeling angst right now. I did try to give this a happy ending. I was very close to giving this a bad ending. Then I got sad and deleted it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sherlocks POV

I don't know what Moriarty did to him. But John. John has forgotten me. He remembers everything else. Just not me. It's better this way. I hurt him too much. Moriarty isn't dead. Just like me he faked his death. John is happy with Mary. I left the country. I never stayed in one place for more than two months. I stayed in America first. Then Canada. I really wanted to stay in Iceland. There was so much to explore there. I forced myself to move on. On my brother's request, I was back in Londen for his wedding. I was walking through a park saying goodbye to the town. Mycroft had come to me at the end. He told me not to do it. But really there was no reason to live. The love of my life doesn't remember me. It hurt when he married someone else but even then he stayed with me. The moment that John forgot me Mary decided I didn't exist as well. I remembered her words. "He is much better without you." she had said.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when something latched onto my leg. I looked down to see Rosie on my leg. I froze a bit shocked. "Sherwok." she babbled.

I felt my heart break a bit. "Hi Rosie," I whispered.

"Rosie." someone shouted.

Well, I knew that voice. It was John. He ran up to us and grabbed Rosie. She fought him and tried to cling to my leg. "I think your father would appreciate it if you released my leg," I whispered .

She glared at me and held on. I gave her a look and she released me. John held her then looked at me. I saw a flash of recognition in his eyes. Then I smashed down all the hope I had. "Have we met before?" he asked.

I held back the tears that sprang to my eyes. "No, no we haven't," I whispered.

I started to walk away. "Sherwok!" Rosie screamed.

I turned around and waved. Then I turned around and continued to walk.

Johns POV

I watched the man walk away. "Sherwok!" Rosie screamed.

The man turned around and waved. I looked at Rosie. "Sherlock," I whispered.

Then I remembered. "Sherlock!" I shouted.

He turned around. "John?" he asked.

I set Rosie down and ran to him. I pulled him in for a hug. "I can't believe I forgot you," I whispered.

"I know right. You told me I'm the most unforgettable person you've met," he said.

After that, I invited him for tea. We caught up. I had divorced Mary because she was cheating. Also because I loved someone else. I didn't know who that was until today. I moved back to 221b. I knew I lived here before. Sherlock was just deleted from those memories. Apparently he had been avoiding me. "Where were you going after this?" I asked.

He froze. He looked at me sadly. "Oh." I gasped.

I grabbed him and held him close. "Your welcome here," I whispered.

He laughed. "John there's not enough room,'' he whispered.

I hadn't let him go. And he hasn't tried to move. "Well we could share a room," I said nervously.

"John that's an awful idea." he laughed.

"Well not if we're together," I whispered.

He looked at me. Sherlock Holmes was the worst at taking a hint. I kissed him. He blushed. I smiled. "Maybe there is enough room after all," he said.

We both smiled.