Not Dead

Johns POV

I walked into the church to see so many sobbing people. I hate Sherlock's funeral being here. Sherlock would never step foot into a church. I waited in the corner. I waited for everyone to leave. I hid so no one could pity me. At last, only Greg and I stood in the church. I walked over to Sherlock's casket and turned to Greg. "Can I have a moment alone with him?" I asked.

Greg looked sympathetically at me. "Of course," he said.

I waited until Greg had left before turning back to the coffin. The silence was deafening. I leaned over the coffin. "Now listen, I know you're not dead," I whispered.

The coffin burst open and Sherlock sat up. "Yeah no shit," he said fixing his hair.

I glared at him. "What's with all the theatrics? You almost had me there." I said,

"I have to go into hiding. Moriarty threatened you, Mrs Hudson and Gavin."

"Greg," I said interrupting him.

He glared at me. "That's what I said. Anyways if I didn't jump he would have killed you. His men are still out there. I have to take down his web John." he said.

I sighed. "Would've been nice if you told me you were alive. I would have spent years wallowing in self-pity.'' I snapped.

He looked down. "I'm sorry. I will come back, I promise," he said.

I grabbed his face and pulled him in for a kiss. He immediately melted. When I pulled away his eyes were misty and unfocused. "I'm holding you to that promise. See ya later Sherlock, ''I said turning and walking away.

The sound of the coffin closing behind me sounded as I left the church.

Almost three years later I was still waiting for Sherlock to come home. The sound of the flat door opening awoke me from my sulking. I turned to see Sherlock standing in the doorway, looking at his feet. I sprung up and ran to him. I hugged him. Sadly I was running too fast and knocked him to the ground. He winced. He didn't cry out though. He wanted to though. I got off of him and pulled him up. I pulled him in for a long-awaited kiss. He was finally home.