Soulmate AU #2

This is my longest one yet. I also worked really hard on this. Believe it or not, this was the first Johnlock fanfic that I wrote. I put it in a notebook and just recently opened the notebook. SPOILERS!! Also, I wrote some of the scripts in here so not mine. I take no credit. Hope you like it. I've been sick so this might be it for a while. SIKE. I found more prompts. Thank you. Request.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They say colour will appear when you touch your soulmate. John Watson wished he could see colour he'd been told by friends that it was an amazing thing, second only to the person who caused it. John had never met him. Most people find there when they are 25. John had no such luck. That's one of the reasons he enlisted in the army. The other reasons being his drunken family members. His father was abusive when drunk. He and his sister went through the brute force of it when their mother left. When his sister got older she turned to alcohol. He hoped that when he got back everything would be fine. Even if he never got to see his soulmate. Sadly his optimism did not come true. His father had died in a bar fight and his sister was in the middle of a divorce. His life returned to what it had been before, dull, sad and colourless. That was until he met an old friend.

Sherlock Holmes didn't believe in soulmates. As much as the newfound sight that came with it was great. The person would be insufferable. That's what he told everyone anyways. Sherlock Holmes did believe in soulmates. He was scared. He had fallen in love with someone once. That person had met an untimely end. He couldn't do that again. He was afraid. He had a tactic. He always wore gloves and long sleeves. He had been beaten up several times. Though he didn't see colour, only multiple of the same person. Today Sherlock was bored. He was usually bored. Today he wouldn't shoot the wall though. He had been meaning to do an experiment for a while. He headed to the morgue and met Molly of course. He had already deduced that she was in love with him. They hadn't touched so she had convinced herself that they were soulmates. Sherlock was too afraid to touch her though. Just in case. He was using the microscope when Mike walked in.

Sherlocks POV

"Mike," I said flatly.

A different man walking into the room. A short depressed man. He had a cane, psychotic limp. He really should listen to his physiatrist. He tanned a bit. Vacation. No military. He holds himself like one. I was caught up in my deduction that I didn't notice Mike approaching. He held out his hand for a shake. I reeled back. "Oh Sherlock, still afraid of soulmates?" Mike chuckled.

I flinched. The new guy looked at me curiously. "Mike, can I borrow your phone? There's no signal on mine," I asked.

"What's wrong with the landline?" he questioned.

I hate it when people question me. Why can't they just do what I say? "I refer to text," I said annoyed.

"Sorry it's in my coat," he replied.

Brilliant. "Uh. Use mine." the other one said.

This shocked me. A kind person then. I walked over to him. Keeping my distance. I took the one in my gloved hand. The other was uncovered for experiments. "An old friend of mine, John Watson," Mike said.

Oh, so he has a name now. John. Oh and old friend. So potential flatmate. Maybe I shouldn't mess this up. Maybe a friend. seems nice enough. But I'm Sherlock Holmes. I don't do nice. "Afghanistan or Iraq?" I asked.

I caught Make out of the corner of my eye smiling. "Sorry?" John asked.

"What was it Afghanistan or Iraq?" I asked again.

"Afghanistan. Sorry, how did you do?" he asked before I interrupted him.

"Ah Molly, coffee, thank you," I said.