Arranged Marriage

So before I start to thank you to everyone who is voting and requesting. Y'all are probably annoyed with all the POV changes but this is how I thought it would go. This is my longest one yet. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Johns POV

The one I was to marry was arriving today. Needless to say, I was nervous. What if he didn't like me? I looked at the letter again. It wouldn't matter if he liked me or not. The only thing that matters is peace. I sighed. Sherlock Holmes huh? This was gonna be fun.

Sherlocks POV

I gasped as the carriage threw me around. I really hated travelling. I preferred to stay in the castle and send letters. I knew we had always fought with the southern kingdoms but I didn't know that I would have to go down and negotiate peace. My king never made me go to other kingdoms so this was a first. I did think that it was weird that he made me bring everything I owned. Not that I owned much. Only a few dress clothes, nightshirts and books. My king was famous for treating everyone nicely, except those close to him. Which sadly happened to be me. King James Moriarty, famous for getting into wars. I just hoped I wouldn't have to stop this one. I looked out the window. Well, it looks like I'll be arriving in an hour or so. I hope the king is nice.

Johns POV

He was here. Oh my gosh, he was here. I need to breathe. How do you breathe? How do you even act around someone you've never met? Let alone have to marry. The door opened and a tall lanky man was led in. He looked around curiously. I got a glimpse of his eyes. Wow, he was beautiful. He had plain clothes on and a rope with a dark blue stone on it. He caught my eye and smiled. "Hello, I'm Sherlock Holmes," he said.

I smiled. "John Watson," I said.

He froze. I just smiled and stuck out my hand. He shook it. "Sorry I just didn't think that you would be the one to greet me," he said nervously.

"That makes sense. I should probably show you where you'll be sleeping."

He nodded. I turned around and started walking down a hallway to my left. He started trailing behind me. "You can come closer you know," I said.

He blushed and we walked side by side down the hallway. I tended to try and keep things modest. "How does King James keep his castle?" I asked.

He looked at me. "Well, this is the medium I guess. Perfect. You're not overdoing it, but you're not undergoing it. King Moriarty tends to keep everything that people can see, well over the top. I suspect his room and guest rooms are the same." he said.

I nodded. "What about what people can't see?"

He took a deep breath. "Well, not exactly the same. I don't want to be rude to him or speak badly but," he paused, "it's not in the best condition. Servant quarters are pretty ratty. I have to share my quarters with the knights. They're not fun to be around after they've had a few drinks."

I nodded. I had fired some of my best knights after they had committed crimes under the influence. I shuddered when I thought about my sister. We reached a flight of stairs and started up them. "How many knights?"

"Three. They change from time to time. You get the king's trust, you get a better room. He doesn't exactly like me. I've stopped him from going to war far more times than he appreciates."

"Shouldn't a king be happy when war is stopped or delayed?"

He chuckled. "He's a bit bloodthirsty."

"What about his husband? Surely he would try to stop him. Sherlock laughed. I have decided that I really liked his laugh. "Oh, King Sebastian. He's worse. I've seen him come back to the palace covered in blood."