Blind

It was a Sunday when John found out. He and Mary were walking in the park hand in hand when they spotted Sherlock and Molly. Sherlock was clinging to her arm and Molly was pointing to things and whispering. Molly's eyes darted from place to place, settling on a person and whispering something to Sherlock. Sherlock was wearing dark sunglasses, his hair was messier than usual. Mary saw them first and pointed them out to John. They walked over to the two. "Well since when did you two become an item?" Mary asked loudly before John could say hi.

John glared at her. His fiancée assumed things that usually ticked Sherlock off. Sherlock startled and gripped Molly's arm harder than he had been. Molly winced and swatted at him. She was blushing while Sherlock was looking around frantically. "We aren't a couple. I have a girlfriend. I'm just helping Sherlock today."

John let out a breath he didn't know he had been holding. He hated it when Sherlock got into any sort of relationship. "Oh sorry, you two just looked like it."

Sherlock's still hadn't caught his breath. Molly whispered something to him and he calmed down. Letting go of her arm a bit. "Hi." He said.

John's eyebrows scrunched up. That was weird. Mary looked a bit confused too. Mary cleared her throat. "Well, it was nice seeing you two. John and I have plans today." She said and dragged him away.

"Bye," John called, noticing the way Sherlock visibly perked up.

When they were a good distance away from the two Mary spoke. "That was weird wasn't it? I mean I know he is weird and all but that was really weird."

John nodded. "I haven't seen him for three weeks. I'll go round the flat tomorrow to see what's wrong."

The next day John did go to the flat. "Sherlock?" He called when he opened the door.

"Here," Sherlock said.

Sherlock was sitting on the window, his face was pressed against the glass. John couldn't see his face. "Sherl?" When Sherlock didn't respond John carefully approached. "What's wrong?"

"Why would you think something's wrong?" He replied.

"I don't know, maybe it's the fact that everyone's taking turns looking after you. And the fact that you freaked out when I saw you in the park yesterday. Let's see you were clinging to her arm. And what the bloody hell are you looking at!"

Sherlock flinched. "Not much." He said and turned to face John.

John gasped and stumbled backwards. Sherlock's eyes were covered in scars. "Sherlock, what happened?" John cried rushing to his friend.

He wrapped his arms around Sherlock's waist, just holding him. "It was a case," Sherlock replied it sounded muffled through John's shirt. "Acid." John pulled Sherlock a little closer. "I didn't realize they had it before they threw it at me."

"Can you open them?"

"Yes," Sherlock said and pushed away from John. John held back a sob when Sherlock opened his eyes. They were unfocused and dull. There seemed to be a white film in front of them keeping the colours that John loved from him. "I can't see John." Sherlock let out a broken sob as tears started to pour down his face. "I can't see." He said and curled into John's chest.

John rubbed his friends back. He couldn't imagine what Sherlock was going through. This was the man who could figure out your entire life story with a glance. He relied on his sight more than any other of his senses. John pulled Sherlock closer. "It's shit isn't it?"

Sherlock sniffed. "Y-yeah."

"What are we going to do about it?"

"Sleep?"

John chuckled. "What else."

"Use my other senses more."

John smiled. "And that will be easy for the great Sherlock Holmes."

Sherlock slowly raised a hand to John's face. He traced his fingers over his lips. "I like it when you smile. It makes me happy."

John nearly broke down. He was trying to be the strong one here. Sherlock's fingers were still tracing John's face, no doubt mesmerizing it. He grabbed Sherlock's hands. "Hey." He whispered. "We'll get through this," John said, pulling Sherlock into a kiss.

Sherlock gasped at the sudden touch. "M-Mary." He whispered.

"We broke up last night. Apparently I've been too focused on you than her. She told me to get my priorities straight so I did." Sherlock frowned at that. "Sherlock, you're my top priority. Always have always will. Now please can I kiss you?"

Sherlock nodded. John pulled Sherlock close. Their chests pushed up against one another as John kissed the detective. "We'll get through this," John whispered.