Confession: Chapter 36

Xiao Zhan smirked when the men came towards him and circled around him. Though the pain in his chest was killing him, yet there was a smirk on his face. One of the men took a sharp knife and was about to stab Zhan, the latter swiftly moved to the side as a result that man's knife landed on another man's thigh who was standing behind Zhan.

"Ah, Ji, what are you doing!?" That man winced in pain.

"Wanna try more?" Zhan smirked and moved his head from left to right in a circular motion, relaxing his neck muscles.

These calm words enraged Meng Yao. He attacked Zhan with his knife. Zhan quickly moved to the side and hit Meng Yao hard with his elbow causing the latter to stumble and fall forwards. Zhan then quickly took pepper power spray and sprayed it on the men. Without wasting a minute, Zhan fled from there.

He wanted to run but his legs felt weak and fell in a nearby bush. He then pulled himself and sat in the bush while his breathing became heavy and eyebrows got knitted. When Zhan felt that the men are gone, he tried to stand up. But his legs felt so weak and the pain in chest was so throbbing that be almost collapsed.

Before he could fall, a pair of arms held him, preventing him from falling. Zhan turned his face to find Yibo holding him.

"Yibo..." A faint smiled appeared on Zhan's lips as he relived to see his Yibo.

"Zhan, you are so injured," Yibo said putting Zhan's arm around his shoulder.

"Why did you come out?" Zhan said standing up with Yibo's support.

"Do you want me to hide in the bush and watch you collapse?" Yibo tried to sound calm but instead, his voice raised.

"Yibo..." Zhan took a deep breath. "Let's find a place to stay tonight."

Yibo nodded and supported Zhan to walk. They walked carefully. Whenever Yibo heard footsteps, he used to hide to avoid getting caught.

Soon they found a small abandoned house in the forest. It looked like no one dwelled there.

Yibo gently carried Zhan inside the house and helped Zhan to lay on the couch

Yibo gently carried Zhan inside the house and helped Zhan to lay on the couch. There was an old couch, a few old rags, few woods, two wooden bowls, a container and for their good luck, there was some water in a pot kept outside the house. It was the rainwater which got stored due to the recent rain a few days ago.

Yibo took the pot and few stones. He used the stones to lit the fire and he poured some water into the container. He then put it on the fire to warm it up.