Inter-University Games(1): Chapter 47

It had been two days since the last party and now all the friends were at the university ground waiting for their respective games to begin. Students from 5 universities participated in the games- GusuLan University, Quishan University, Ling University, Yunmeng University, and LanLing University.

The first-day event was basketball and Yibo and Zhan were totally prepared for the battle against the Wens. They were confident that they would win all the matches and would face the Wens of Quishan university in the finals. Another event of that day was a chess match but it wasn't involved with the Quishan University. Ziyi had her race event on that day as well. So all of them were warming up.

First of all the basketball match started. After a few matches, it was confirmed that GusuLan University and Quishan University were the finalists. The playground was crowded with girls and boys of the five universities. It looked like a sea of heads we're moving in a wave manner in the ground.

Zhan and Yibo were sitting in a shady region with their friends. They were breathing profusely after their consecutive wins. Zhan was wiping the drops of sweat that was rolling from his temple region to jawline, hanging there while some of the sweat drops made their way down to Zhan's neck and disappeared into his shirt. Yibo was drinking water while his towel rested around his neck. Zhan looked at Yibo who was busy watching the crowd.

"Yibo, wipe your sweat, otherwise you will catch cold," Zhan said and he wiped Yibo's neck with his towel

"You guys played well." Ziyi smiled as she handed energy drinks to both of the players.

"Perhaps the next match is after the second break," Yibo said biting the straw of his drink. "Jiyang, when is your event?"

"After 15 minutes," Jiyang replied biting his inner cheek.

"Then what are you doing here? Let's go to the event spot." Hao Xuan immediately stood up and dragged Jiyang to the place while the others chuckled and followed Hao Xuan.

Since chess is a very intellectual game, so the tournament wasn't played in rounds. It was played between GusuLan university and LanLing University.
Soon the chess tournament started. Jiyang had a strong opponent.

A first Jiyang made an easy move. He moved the pawn before the king by two steps. The opponent moved the pawn before the king by a single step. Jiyang then moved his bishop in such a way that if he moved it as the next move, he would surely capture the Queen. Jiyang expected the opponent to move his Queen and capture his own bishop but the move made by the opponent surprised him. The opponent used his knight to protect his queen.

Seeing the opponent's move, Jiyang's lips curved to a half-moon smile as he realized that the opponent wasn't an easy one to deal with and he don't follow the process of capturing the pieces randomly.

Soon both the players focussed on the chessboard. It was almost 25 minutes and very few pieces got captured but the chessboard already took the form of a real battlefield. Jiyang already checkmate the opponent two times but the latter escaped protecting the king. Generally, it took 15 to 20 minutes for Jiyang to stalemate the opponent if the opponent was too strong. But in that particular match, it already had been 25 minutes yet Jiyang was struggling.