Mending A Relationship(2): Chapter 68

A black Mercedes stopped before the police station and a handsome figure wearing a red shirt with a black blazer came out. A slight smile appeared on his lips and he proceeded towards the police station.

After talking with officers and with the help of lawyers, Yibo freed Zan Jin from jail and took him to a cafe

*At cafe

"So, what are your plans?" Yibo asked putting his hands on the table.

Zan Jin looked at the glass walls while his eyes almost lost the lively spirit. Dark circles already made its appearance while his skin became paler, showing the district cheekbones and collar bones.

"Zan Jin?" Yibo called once again.

"Huh?" Zan Jin looked at Yibo with weary eyes.

"What are you planning to do next, Zan Jin?" Yibo asked again.

"I don't know." Zan Jin looked away from Yibo. "I don't want to live anymore. What should I survive? For whom should I survive? Is there any meaning in my life? Zhan already destroyed me from the bottom of my everything." Zan Jin's voice cracked.

"You should survive for the sake of your loved one," Yibo said looking sharply in Zan Jin's eyes.

"My loved one?" Zan Jin chuckled bitterly. "Does love even exists in today's world?!"

"Then who is Nie Mingjue to you?" Yibo directly asked.

"Huh?!" Zan Jin immediately looked at Yibo with astonishment in his eyes. "What did you say?"

"Zan Jin, did you lose your power of hearing?" Yibo shook his head. "I am asking what is Nie Mingjue to you? I saw the feelings for Mingjue in your eyes."

"Bullshit!" Zan Jin looked away.

"Mn?" Yibo arched his brow while a smile played on his lips. "Really? Then...that day when you got arrested, you wanted to open your mouth and tell everyone who Mingjue is but you chose to remain silent. And when officer Yu was taking you away, you looked at Mingjue like a fragile soul who was getting separated from his soulmate. Do you still have anything to say?"

"You noticed?!" Zan Jin's words almost sounded as whisper.

"Yes." Yibo nodded and took his frappe. "Your emotions were too much evidence that day."

This pushed Zan Jin to the edge. The tears which he was holding back for a long time refused to obey him anymore and decided to flow from his eyes. Zan Jin closed his eyes allowing his tears to fall.

"It's all my fault." Zan Jin sobbed. "I shouldn't have done this. I should have chosen a good way. But no! I chose to become Meng Yao and Guang Yao."

"Zan Jin, don't cry." Yibo put his hand on Zan Jin's, trying to console him.

"I deserve it. It's my karma." Zan Jin cried. "I shouldn't have tried to separate you and Xiao Zhan. I should have caused the accident to Miss Xuan Lu." He sobbed. "This the result of my evil doings."