Love Confession: Chapter 65

Yibo quickly grabbed Zhan before his body could fall and hit the floor.

"Zhan!" Yibo shook Zhan but the latter didn't respond. "God! What should I do now?" Yibo quickly put Zhan in the passenger seat and drove to the nearby hospital.

Lifting Zhan in bridal style, Yibo rushed inside. Immediately he got admitted while Yibo waited outside the room anxiously.

He weighed so light. Did he lose his weight? Did something serious happen to him? Yibo's heart clenched on thinking something bad might happened to his Zhan. He couldn't sit anymore. He started to walk to and fro to calm down. After a few minutes, the doctor came from Zhan's room.

"Doctor, how is he?" Yibo asked anxiously.

"Are you his boyfriend?" The doctor asked.

"I am his husband. Is he alright?" Yibo started to run out of patience.

"He is doing fine but he is very weak. It looks like he didn't have good sleep and proper meals since last few weeks. Dark circles around his eyes are showing it? Didn't you notice it?" The doctor looked at yibo confusingly.

"I didn't see any dark circles," Yibo replied

"Fortunately his makeup hid his dark circles. You said you are his husband but still didn't notice it?" The doctor said with disappointment

"We got engaged today. He returned from abroad yesterday. So I last met him 3 weeks back." Yibo replied while guilt was filled in his voice.

"Ah! I see. It's okay. Just take care of him. I have already prescribed some medicines and you need to help him to have proper meals and good sleep. He will recover soon. Congratulations on your engagement." The doctor smiled and excused himself.

After the doctor left, Yibo rushed inside the room. His heart shattered on the sight that welcomed him. Xiao Zhan was lying on the bed with closed eyes while the dark circles looked like huge black holes beneath the eyes. His face looked paler and skinny. Tears started to swell in Yibo's eyes. He walked to the bed and knelt down, sitting beside the bed, holding Zhan's hand.

"I am so sorry Zhan." Yibo closed his eyes allowing the tears to flow freely. "I thought it was only me who was suffering. But it looks like you suffered the most. Just look at you, you look so vulnerable." Yibo sniffed and kissed Zhan's knuckles. "I promise, I won't ever let you go." Yibo put his head on the bed, holding Zhan's hand and drifted into a deep sleep.

°°°°°°°°°°°

Bright shafts of sunlight assaulted Zhan's closed eyes, making his eyes move a little. He turned his head away, to avoid the sun rays. Slowly he opened his eyes when he felt a little pressure on his hand. The first thing that came into his sight was the hospital wall. Then he turned his head to find Yibo sleeping on the ground, while his head was on the bed holding his hand. His kips stretched upward forming a soft smile.

"Yibo..." Zhan called softly while his other hand gently tucked the hair that was obstructing his view of the soft innocent sleeping face of Wang Yibo.

Yibo's eyebrows got knitted when he felt a soft hand caressing his cheeks. He opened his eyes to find Zhan smiling affectionately at him.

"Zhan! You are awake!" Yibo immediately hugged Zhan, burying his face into Zhan's neck.

"Yibo, relax. I am not going to die." Zhan chuckled. "How did I end up here?"

"Is death your favorite word or what?!" Yibo broke the hug and glared at Zhan. "You know, recently I read a BL novel called Mo Dao Zu Shi where Xue Yang's favorite word is also death." Yibo sighed. "You fainted yesterday. Ah...why aren't you taking care of yourself recently, huh? Did you plan to die before marrying me?"