Engagement(4): Chapter 64

After attending to his injury, Xiao Zhan went to the hall. Everyone was enjoying their best- some were having wine, some were having desserts, etc. Zhan's eyes searched for one person, his Yibo. Suddenly he saw his father and Mr. Wang were talking while Yibo was standing with his father. Zhan's lips curved upwards forming a smile as he went to his father.

"Hello," Zhan said softly looking at Yibo.

"Ah, CEO Sean Xiao, how's your wound now?" Xiao Shen asked looking at Zhan's forehead.

"It's fine, dad. Shijie did the bandage." Zhan smiled.

"CEO Sean, meet your fiance, Wang Yibo." Mr. Wang smiled as he looked at Zhan and then at Yibo.

"Hello." Zhan smiled as he stretched his hand for a handshake. "Dad, your choice is really good. He is extraordinarily handsome." Zhan said with a smirk while Yibo just extended his hand for a handshake.

"Isn't it?" Mr. Xiao chuckled. "Thanks to Wang Lian that he didn't deny my proposal."

"How can I?" Mr. Wang smiled. "Your son is so good that I cannot leave the opportunity."

"Uncle Wang, you are praising me too much," Zhan said as his lips stretched wide forming ear to ear wide smile.

"Zhan, won't you give your uncle a hug? It has been so days since we last met in person."

Zhan smiled as he hugged Yibo's father lightly while his eyes met Yibo's who averted his gaze from Zhan.

"Aww...no one is paying attention to my son-in-law." Mrs. Xiao interrupted.

"Mom." Zhan hugged as her. "How are you? It has been so many days since you talked to me...ouch...maaa."

"So many days huh?" Mrs. Xiao pulled Zhan's ear. "It's you who started all this. I tried to contact you, but I couldn't because you used high-level technology. Who asked you to do that, huh?"

"Ahhh...Maaa, it hurts! Let me go!" Zhan tried to move his head to get rid of getting pulled, but in fact, it resulted in more pain to Zhan.

"Xiao Liu, what are you doing?" Another woman said with a soft voice. "Zhan is not a kid. Let him go." She held Mrs. Xiao's hand softly.

"Ahh..." Zhan rubbed his ear and hid behind the woman. "Thank you, Aunty Wang, otherwise she will tear my ear."

"At least you should learn how to behave." Mrs. Xiao arched her brow. "See, how obedient and Wang Yibo is, he is not like you."

"Only if you know," Zhan mumbled.

"Huh?" Mrs. Xiao arched her brow. "Repeat again Mr. Sean Xiao."

"Aunty Xiao, you look beautiful today." Wang Yibo said with a smile.

"Aww...thats so sweet of you, my son." Mrs. Xiao smiled. "Look look, where are your manners, Zhan? Did you even greet Wang Su?"

"Aunty Wang, please adopt me. My mom always keeps saying 'Yibo is this...Yibo is that...Yibo, Yibo, Yibo." Zhan a scrunched his nose. "She likes Yibo more than me."

"Zhan, you know, you are becoming kid day by day." Mr. Xiao smiled.

"Xiao Shen, don't say that he is a kid. He caught Guanyao alone by himself." Mr. Wang patted Zhan.

"It's getting late for the event." Mrs. Wang smiled.

Zhan smiled and looked at Yibo who simply rolled his eyes. Zhan sighed and went on the stage, followed by Yibo.

 Zhan sighed and went on the stage, followed by Yibo