~chapter 24

Nandini was sitting on bed leaning her head to headboard and looking lost in her thoughts when Manik comes inside the room holding tray of food.. he saw her looking lost. He then walks to bed and kept the tray on bed. He settled beside her and called her name softly.

Manik : Jaan.. Jaan..

He called her few time but he didn't get any response back.. his heart broke seeing her like this.. he then slipped his hand to her hold hers... as his hand got touched Nandini diverted her gaze to him.. she saw his worry face but more than pain in his eyes.. she knew he was breaking seeing her like that..

Manik with his left hand cups her face and makes her look at him..

Manik : Jaan why you punishing yourself because of them... you can't be like this... why you letting them affect you.. wasn't you who told me to be strong and face our past then how can you let yourself stuffer.. Jaan trust me I won't let them harm us... our relationship.. our family.. they can't harm us.. don't your trust your mani..

Even his eyes became teary seeing her in tears.. he knew she wasn't strong girl but she was sacred to loose him.. how can his Nandini be weak when she was the one who supported him when he was suffering.. she is the one who made him strong.. she is the one who supported him in every moments then how can she fall weak.. both were crying but didn't say word... their eyes were filled with fresh tears.. Manik's hand reached to rub her tears off.. he wipes her tears off while Nandini hand too reached to wipe his tears..

Both are pillar of each other.. both wiped each other tears off and hugged each other.. Manik caressed her and pecks her hair while Nandini tightly hugged and sobbed lightly.. he was aware of her tears but let her cry..

After sometime Manik broke hug and cups her face again.. he wipes her tears again and looks at her lovingly..

Manik : Jaan.. I know you don't feel like eating but for me have something.. you can't stay empty stomach for long.. you didn't eat last night too.. please little have something....

He then brought tray between his legs and took first morsel and forward to Nandini.. he looks at her..

Manik : please..

He saw her opening her mouth slowly.. he fed her first bite while she starts chewing it for him only.. Manik fed her more bites while she found difficult shallow them.... fresh tears brimmed and fell on Manik's knuckles... he looks at her and nods no.. he gave her another bite. She was intensely staring him.. Manik forward another bite to her when she held his hand and looks at him.. even he got confuse and looks at her..

Manik : Jaan last bite... have this please..

Nandini didn't say anything but took morsel in her hand and forward to Manik.. Manik knowing her he took the bite and starts chewing.. Nandini fed him more bites while she was continuously staring him.. her eyes didn't leave his face.. she was still scared thinking that he will leave her.. Manik was aware of her intense gaze.. he knew it will take time to make her understand that he will never leave her.. no matter what..

Manik chewing the bite and looks at Nandini..

Manik: Jaan remember one thing.. I will not leave you.. that day I didn't chose you over them thinking that in future I'll leave you.. I can never leave my soul my life my Jaan.. you're are soul Jaan.. never think I'll leave you for them.. they lost me two years back.. it's you who taught me not go back in past.. then why I go back to them.. they doesn't deserve us Jaan.. I know you are sacred because of them but sacred to lose me... you can't see me going away from you.. Jaan I won't leave you.... Jaan please for me.. for our family stop thinking about our past.. you are right past only hurts.. I'm hurt seeing you like this.. I can't see you like this.. I want my Jaan back.. who smiles.. who has beautiful curved on her face all the time.. I want my Jaan back who makes me happy by mere presence of yours.. I promise to you Jaan I won't let anyone harm us.. trust me.. trust your mani.. I'm here for you Jaan.. no one is happy seeing you like this especially me and dad.. think about us Jaan... dad.. it's only you who can make him smile.. Jaan you to live happily for us.. for me.. for dad.. for our family.. will.. you.. Jaan....