~chapter 27

Nandini was working in her cabin and checking every band details when she heard door opening. She looks up and saw Manik coming panting.. his hair was slight messed up.. his face looks worried.. Nandini immediately stood and moves to him.. before she could call his name or calm him down she was pulled in tight hug.. she got startled and understood why he pulled her in sudden hug.. Nandini rubbed his back and tried calming him down..

Nandini whispered his name..

Nandini : mani.

Manik broke hug hearing her and cups her face.

Manik : Jaan you are sacred you.. you..

Nandini: mani calm down.. sorry.

Manik got confuse hearing sorry from her..

Manik : sorry..why sorry?

Nandini looks there and there and fumbled with her own her words.

Nandini: mani.. woh.. I.. cal... called.. Karan.. and.. I..

Manik : Jaan please stop fumbling and speak clearly.. I don't understand what you are trying to say.. first of all relax yourself and then tell why you called me like this when you knew I had meeting..

Nandini looks at him and composed herself..

Nandini: mani.. yesterday night when you slept na.. then i called Karan and told him to fix meeting with a client which will help you to be busy when I face fab 4... I'm sorry the meeting was false.. sorry. I know shouldn't have done that but... I..

Manik cuts her off..

Manik : you had no option... am I right.

Nandini looks at him shockingly how does he knew ..

Nandini: how did you.. ?

Manik held her hand took her to chair.. he gestured her to seat and kneeled himself down still holding her hand in his... he looks at her and while rubbing his thumb on her hands..

Manik : Jaan.. I know why you did this.. I know.. I'm not angry on you because you lied to me or you told Karan to fix false meeting.. yesterday night when you was talking to Karan.. I was wide wake. I couldn't sleep this thinking what will happen when you face fab 4.. I know you are strong but seeing me hurt it will eventually hurt you too. Jaan i know your intention wasn't was wrong.. you know why I didn't say a word that I have overhead your conversation with Karan last night because I knew you will realised your mistake.. running away from situation is not option. We have to face this situation together.

Nandini looks at him while tears rolled down her cheeks which Manik wipes it off and nods no..

Manik : don't cry. You have realised your mistake that makes me happy.. jaan you already know I hate when you hide or lie to me. I'm not getting angry on you Jaan because you lied to me about the meeting.. but from today you won't do anything like this.. promise me...

Nandini: promise.. I won't.. I'm sorry mani..

Manik : don't be sorry Jaan.. acha why you sitting alone in your cabin. I left you with abhi. Where is he?

Nandini: woh.. Bhai went is in canteen.. he said he didn't have time to have breakfast so he went in canteen..

Manik : this abhi.. I told him to be with you but he is filling his stomach.. did every bands come yet..

Nandini: no. I was checking their documents..

Manik : do you need my help?

Nandini: I'm almost done.. only few left..