~chapter 38

In London at malthora mansion!

Neyonika was sitting in hall and sipping her coffee while reading some magazines. She was engrossed in reading when she heard door bell.

Neyonika closed the magazine and stood up keeping her cup down.

She starts walking to the main down while thinking who could be at this time on door.

Neyonika: who could be here this time? Manik and Nandini is at work and raj is study room then who could be here?

Neyonika holding the door handle opens and got shocked seeing the manan.. her gaze turns towards Nandini who was in Manik's arm and looking pale..

Neyonika: what happened to Nandini?

Manik ignoring her question walks inside making his way to hall. Neyonika closing the door follows Manik.

She saw Manik placing Nandini on sofa and sitting beside her. She was  confuse thinking why did they come this early. Wasn't they supposed to be MAAN studio.. she confusingly looks at them.. neyonika shrugging her thoughts moves to kitchen.

Neyonika comes back with glass of water and looks at Manik who was caressing Nandini's hair softly and whispering something in her ears.. neyonika noticed how Nandini wasn't reacting to Manik's talks or had any expression on her face...

She cleared her throat and looks at Manik who immediately looks at her..

Neyonika: arr water..

Manik's gaze fell on her glass which was holding. He took the glass as neyonika passed it to him. Manik brought glass near Nandini's mouth and calls her name slowly..

Manik : Jaan..  have some water..

Nandini who was clinging to Manik hearing huh looks at him first then at the glass.. quietly Nandini took few sips and hid her again in his arms.

Manik passed the glass back to neyonika and looks at her..

Manik: where is dad?

Neyonika: he is in study.. should I call him?

Manik : no it's alright...

Neyonika: why don't you think Nandini in your room?

Manik : Mrs malthora... could bring...

Neyonika saw him stammering and looking there and there..

Neyonika: you don't have hesitate Manik! You call tell me without being hesitate. What do you want?

Manik : arrr... could you send some food upstair.. Nandini didn't had her lunch yet.

Neyonika: that's all! You don't  worry about Nandini's lunch. I'll make something for you  both and bring it to your room. You take Nandini up!

Manik nodded his head up and looks at Nandini who was snuggled into his arms like child. He smiles lightly and calls her name softly still caressing her hair..

Manik : Jaan.. come let's go in our room.

Nandini tightly gripped his right hand in her fist and tilting her head up looks at him.. Manik too look at her and knew she didn't wanted to go away from him.. Manik then lifts her up and looking at neyonika said..

Manik : if dad comes down then don't inform him about us. I'll come down myself after making Nandini sleep.

Neyonika nodded her head and went back in kitchen while Manik carrying Nandini in his arms climbed the stairs up.