LUXURY: CHAPTER FIVE

LUXURY POV

Me and Queen were hiding bullets were flying everywhere. I just wanted to cry and pray I make it ok I have a baby to go home too. "Let's make a run for it. The bullets slowed down let's go. I don't wanna die. I love you" Queen said crying. "I love you too. Thank you. Let's go" I said than we took off running. Bullets were flying my way and I was scared and I just wanted to stop but I couldn't I had to think about my baby. But somebody came and pushed me out the way of the bullet and I thanked the Lord for it. I didn't who because I eyes were closed and I was in a ball. He/she were shooting too. The person that helped me came over me and kissed me on my cheek. I felt safe. I smelt his cologne and felt his big arms around me. I loved the feeling. It felt like the world stopped and we were the only two here. "You feel safe huh bitch. I couldn't let you die because I'ma hurt you my damn self. I'ma slave your ass bitch" as soon as I heard the voice I almost jumped out of my skin. It...It.....was Lonzo. I jumped up so fast and started running through the bullets flying. I didn't even look back I was too scared.

I ran into Queen and she told me she was looking for me. We took off running to her house. Once we were their I actually felt safe. Just like I felt in Lonzo arms. I wanted to cry because it felt good and I didn't want it to feel like that ,but I don't like him at all. Especially after what he did and told me.

2 HOURS LATER.....11:00

After we told Ms. Mitchell what happened and everything she made us feel so much better. She cooked us some great food, made us cookies, ran out bath water, and watched a movie with us. I really wish she was my momma she's great. We couldn't call the police because they weren't gone do nothing or Lonzo was gonna pay them off. They scared of him too. What he told me really had me thinking. I had to watch my back and most of all make shore my baby was safe. He's gone find me anyways all the connections he has. I was playing with Lolo my handsome son. If he didn't say anything about my son this would of never happened. I can't believe I did that usually I would walk away and be the bigger person. "How you feeling you ok" Queen asked me concerned. "No, but I will be. Thank you I love you. You didn't have to do that but you did" I told her meaning every word.

"I love you and would do anything for you. I wasn't about to let him do you like that" Queen said. After we had our little moment I told her what he did to me and how I felt. She gave me her honest opinion and told me she would be here every step of the way. Now I was bathing Lolo. "Lolo I love you and I'm always gonna be in your heart no matter what I just wanna tell you that. I don't wanna leave you earlier than I have too. But if that's what it takes to keep you safe then that's what's gone happen" after I said that I dried him off, put him on some clothes, fed him, and rocked him to sleep. Once he was sleep and in the crib I dozed off to sleep with so many questions on my mind. Hoping that I will live to see another day, whole day. But I gotta keep my head up for my baby and that's what I'm gone do.

THE NEXT MORNING SATURDAY 12:30

"Wake up bitch. The food ready and imma eat it all if you don't come on" Queen said and left out the room. I woke up feeling great and energized. I woke up on the right side of bed and the beautiful sun was beaming in my face. I look over for Lolo but he wasn't in bed ,so Queen must have took him. I went to the bathroom washed my face and brushed my teeth with a extra toothbrush because I didn't prepare to stay. "Good morning Queen and Ms. Mitchell" I said smiling. "Good morning roach" Queen said "Good morning baby" Ms. Mitchell said. "It only got one roach in this house and that's you" I said picking up Lolo while Ms. Mitchell fixed my plate. Lolo was eating some eggs and grits. They were all over his face while he was smiling. "Good morning Lolo I love you. It's good Lolo. You like the food" I said kissing him and tickling him. "Mama, Mama" that's the only words he say and I'm glad.i don't want no dada and momo. I put him back down so I could eat. I don't even think Queen heard what I said she going ham on that food. "It's good Queen. Ain't nothing on that plate no more" I said and she stuck the finger. I dug in. This is good. "Thank you Ms. Mitchell and this is really good" I said about to clean my plate. "Thank you. So what y'all doing today. I want y'all to be careful though all kinds of stuff happening" Ms. Mitchell said and that just bought me back to my situation. I didn't want to think about it. "

"Well I'ma head home and get so clothes. I have money making to do. I have to find a job. I gotta get Lolo more clothes and stuff. But Queen I'll call you when I'm finished if it isn't to late" I said walking upstairs with Queen on my trail. "Girl, be careful and watch your back. I don't want anything happening to you. Love you. Here" Queen said handing me a pocket knife. "Thank you I will" I said not wanting to talk about it, or think about it. But I have stuff to do and I can't let that stop when. I was still scared and shaky. I will keep my garud up. I gave Queen and Ms. Mitchell a hug before me and Lolo left out the front door.