Unity

We were back home and me and Draco were both laying on my bed talking about the year ahead of us.
"What crazy thing is going to happen this year?" He asked looking down at me. I was thinking for quite some time until he spoke up again "you don't have to answer it was more rhetorical than anything else. You look deep deep in thought" he said while looking around my face with tired eyes. I slowly closed my eyelids and fell into a deep sleep with Draco by my side. I truly didn't know what would happen but I didn't want to, I had had the best time with Draco and going back to school wasn't something I wanted.

It was bright and early on Monday and me and Draco had just arrived at the train station thanking Rose and taking off to catch our train. As we passed the wall that separates the magical world from the Muggle world I was immediately squished by people running around in a hurry. I grabbed Draco's hand and we headed over to the train boarding it and sitting in our usual compartment all the way at the front. Eventually the train started moving and we started heading back to Hogwarts. Draco started writing in a diary looking book and I looked out the window generally worries about the year ahead, I had seen posters about Sirius Black escaping Azkaban and he was family to me and Draco so it didn't look well for us.

Everyone looked different. As I sat in the Great Hall ignoring Dumbledores yearly speech I studied everyone in our year and saw how everyone had changed so much. So had Draco, I hadn't realised over summer but he finally gave up with the sleeked back hair, his skin was more tan from our summer and he grew, his face also matured a bit more looking less like a boy and in general he just grew. I had also somewhat changed but i could see more change in everyone else but me.

The first couple of months had been pretty standard nothing exciting had happened except now that it was near Christmas we were told that Sirius was spotted near Hogwarts so we all had to leave in the middle of the night and sleep in the Great Hall which was freezing. However it meant no boy/girl divide so me and Draco warmed each other up as we fell asleep holding hands. I woke up to whispering and quickly realised it was Dumbledore and Snape.
"Should we warn her?" Snape said stopping right in front of me and Draco, who was holding onto me like i was going to disappear. "No, she will find out eventually, the prophecies have a way of working out, for now let her and Draco dream" they started walking away when I felt Draco pull me even closer than before. He seemed as though he was having a nightmare. I gently brushed his hair off his sweaty forehead and hugged him in his sleep. Eventually I fell back asleep and forgot all about Snape and Dumbledores comments.

Christmas had come quite quickly and I was spending it with the Malfoy's. I was quite excited as usually were always in my house so a change of scenery was great for my bored mind. Draco had also mentioned his parents having something to discuss with us. We got to his house quickly, after his mother picked us up at the train apparating is back to the manor. When we arrived the fireplace was on in an attempt to warm the constantly cold house. Me and Draco went to his room after his mum told us we were having dinner shortly and to dress nice. I pulled out a dark green dress and put it on with some flats while Draco wore one of the suits he bought with me, one of the suits he took hours picking even though it looked the exact same as all the other ones.
We quickly went downstairs once we were ready and saw not only Narcissa and Lucius but more people who I wasn't acquainted to.

"Ah Draco, Andromeda sit." Me and Draco took the 2 seats left and stared around expectedly awaiting answers. "This is Bellatrix, my sister and her husband Rudolphus." I had thought they were in Azkaban too and during my thought process I completely missed out on who the other people were but I'm sure I would be fine. Dinner was quiet but surprisingly not awkward. Just as me and Draco went to excuse ourselves Lucius motioned for us to sit back down. "Now Andromeda and Draco as we have all seen you are very good friends. This puts you in a great position to honour your families. You both come from pure old families and the uniting of our two families can continue the line of pureblood that we do proudly embrace and hope to continue." Draco looked at his father in shocked surprised at what he was proposing, especially when we are so young. "So you want us to get married?" Draco asked slowly, "not just married, have children and let those children marry other pure-bloods, we want to continue our legacy." After some discussion we had all agreed and we were allowed to leave. Draco pulled me into his room and strutted over to his bed loudly falling on it. "Married?" "Yes Draco marriage" I fell on the bed imitating his movements and we both sighed. He grabbed my hand and gently stroked my ring finger. "I mean can you even imagine, me and you married?" He continues striking my hand especially the finger where he was supposed to put a ring on in a couple of years. "I mean it makes sense" this perked his interest "were both pure blooded and our families share the same norms and values, we come from high culture with high cultural and social capital. In the wizarding world we are praised I mean can you imagine the honour on our families for us to unite, probably the most talked about wedding in a century. Plus I'd rather marry my best friend that some stuck up guy" Draco was facing me now and gently grabbed onto both my hands pulling me closer. He inches closer to my face and was going to kiss me. I wanted him to. He kept coming closer and closer until his lips met mine. It was a soft peck nothing extraordinary, simply the feeling of his soft lips placed upon mine. He moved away but still kept himself close to me. "I just don't want anything to change between us, if we do get into a relationship I want us to always be each other's best friend and then each other's significant other. Because I love you Andromeda and as a boyfriend I shouldn't say it so quickly but as a best friend I really do because your the best thing that has ever happened to me." "I love you too" we talked more and more about the wild idea of marriage and not one peep about that kiss. We weren't awkward though, nothing had changed and I enjoyed that, everything was still perfect between us.

Shit even I wasn't expecting that...