Masquerade

It was now Christmas time and me and Draco were to go back to the Malfoy's. Draco had been informed by his mother that they were to host a masquerade ball for fellow death eaters and important people that my brother wanted to talk to. I was excited as he was involving me in most things but I still hadn't been able to know how I was to do what I wanted to do, despite me enjoying having a brother I didn't like his power or his authority of everyone he just wasn't good enough for it.

We were back at the manor now sleeping in different rooms but always managing to be together whenever we could, after our multiple breakdowns we started bonding more and talking more, with him sharing things was so easy almost familiar in a way. He also confided in me about some of his struggles and secrets and he laughed a lot which was highly unpredicted but I enjoyed my time around him and I think he did too.

The masquerade was tonight but I wanted to swim, I didn't remember knowing how to swim or even ever doing it but I headed down to the pool by myself anyway. The beautiful pool they owned was stunning; from the layred brick work to the mosaics on the floor to the tiny details that filled the bottom of the pool making out the image of a mermaid, it was simply breathtaking. I slipped into the warm water as I swam around feeling relieved and relaxed something I was in need of. I closed my eyes drifting off into a daydream as I laid around the pool on my back just floating around. All of a sudden I heard splashing and as I opened my eyes I was being pulled underwater, I came back up for air and saw Draco flicking his hair out his eyes and laughing. His face structure was so clear under the pale green light the pool gave off and his smile was so nice to see as usually he was terrified of everything around him, his hair was a mess but he looked good like this more like a boy his age should be; carefree and funny. "You okay?" He asked me, I realised I had been staring at his face for awhile suddenly I blushed and looked away "yes I'm fine, are you excited for tonight?" He looked away as he swam to the edge, "not stocked about it but we have to attend, your dress and mask should be on your bed by now the elf's were in charge of them" I nodded and we swam for a while longer, I kept getting this feeling that I had done this before but obviously I hadn't as I had just started to talk to Draco. "Hey Draco?" I asked sweetly as he looked at me, "um this is going to sound kind of crazy but do you happen to know if I knew how to swim or if I liked it?" I asked him as I drew shapes in the water with my fingers loving the feeling of smoothness on my fingers as they broke through the surface. I looked up at Draco who looked deep in thought, he cleared his throat loudly "I generally wouldn't know we've never spoken much."
Dracos POV:
It hurt to say that but after The Dark Lords threats upon my family and Andromeda I couldn't risk ruining his plan, she looked disappointed but I quickly tried to get her to forget about it, I could never know what she feels it must be odd for her to think she remembered doing something but not actually remembering it it's almost muscle memory in a way. "Let's go get ready yeh?" I asked her as I went to get out the pool and swiftly extended my hand to help her out the pool. She took my hand as she looked up at me with her big brown eyes.

I had dried off after swimming with Meda and sat on my bed trying to figure out a way to get her to remember, vesy dark magic was used to take her memories and from the extensive research I've done the only way for her to remember by herself without her brother giving the memories back is if she has a very and I mean very powerful surge of emotions relating to a memory I just wasn't sure what could possibly be strong enough.

The clock struck 7 and I decided to get ready as people would arrive shortly. I placed my black suit on mentally preparing myself for the most annoying, boring evening as I patted down the collar making sure there was no visible wrinkle anywhere upon it otherwise father wouldn't be happy. I went to the bathroom to fix my hair as I combed it to the side and added some gel to make it look neat and presentable as I was doing that I remembered in year 2 when Meda used to mess up my hair because she hated the slicked back look, she was constantly on top of me running her hands through my hair in an attempt to get it to do something other than look like that, but she knew around my parents I needed to look just like they wanted.
Quickly pushing the many memories aside I placed on the last touches such as my watch and the ring from my family and the necklace Meda gave me, the necklace filled with our memories.

I headed down the stairs knowing Meda would take a long time as she was such a fashionista. I greeted my mum and father and some other people from the ministry, even Snape was here. Suddenly I saw my mum smiling at the stairs and as I turned around I could feel my breathing stop working as I stared in awe at the girl in front of me. She was wearing a beautiful big dress with her hair curled and a mask made of snakes one that made her look like a queen. She quickly took her place beside her brother as everyone bowed down to the Dark Lord.
"Now as we've all gathered for the ball I wouldn't want to keep you from enjoying yourselves, Draco stand by Andromeda please after all you're getting married." I opened my mouth in shock, and Meda simply smiled as she looked around at the people surrounding us. "Right yes yes, now many of you I will speak to individually so carry on everyone, carry on" he stepped onto the ball room as I was still standing next to Meda. "You okay?" She asked quietly still smiling around "I'm fine just tired of the fakeness in everyone" She looked at me confused, "right well if you want to get killed go for it" "maybe I will" I said as I stormed off.

I'm lowkey bored of this fan fic