3. The Announcement

PREVIOUSLY IN JILY RETURNS

Dumbledore - I think Harry here would want to stay with his godfather during the trial as he has been quite badly shaken by tonight's events. He'll need his only father figure's help to get over it."

____________________________________________

Fudge immediately nodded and said "Of course! And I bet Sirius wouldn't mind either." With that, they got hold of Pettigrew and used the Triwizard Cup to get back to Hogwarts.

Once back, all of the audience and crowd were shocked to see Pettigrew lying unconscious on the ground. It was Fudge who explained what happened, "There has been a grave mistake committed by the Ministry. I don't want to lie or sugar-coat anything. Sirius Black is innocent. He had been
incarcerated for 12 whole years and wasn't even given a trial when he was arrested in the first place." The crowd was appalled by the Ministry's mistake. Fudge continued "As you can see, Peter Pettigrew, who was thought to be dead, is very much alive. He's just stunned so that he doesn't escape."

Meanwhile, at Hagrid's hut, McGonagall woke Sirius up and explained that Harry was back
and had brought Pettigrew back with him. Sirius whooped at the news, finally happy that he was free and could obtain custody of his godson. The very excitement made him get out of Hagrid's hut and run towards the stadium. Upon reaching, he was shocked when he heard Fudge's announcement and went to the centre of the stadium, standing next to Harry and faced the crowd. He then told the Minister "Thank you for whatever you have done. I just need you to grant me full custody of my godson before you leave."

The Minister gladly agreed. "Very well, Mr. Black. I'll also personally make sure that no one can come forth to stop you from gaining custody of your godson."

Harry, who along with Remus and McGonagall, had been making sure that Pettigrew didn't escape, was pleasantly surprised. He went over to Sirius and hugged him. The said man was surprised by the gesture and returned it back.

Together, with Professor McGonagall and Remus taking a hold of Pettigrew, they went up to Dumbledore's office, after being treated by Madam Pomfrey, to make sure that Pettigrew gets the Dementor's Kiss.