18. The Tour - 2

PREVIOUSLY ON JILY RETURNS
Charlus Potter asks the Marauders to give Harry a tour around the castle.
________________________________________

A/N:
I'm never going to include Peter as one of the Marauders considering what he did all those years ago.
________________________________________

When James apparated with Harry to the Main Gate of the whole property, he started "This is the main gate of the ENTIRE property. DO NOT come near without any of us older people because this is where the wards end, okay? We don't want you hurt." Harry nodded his consent. "Okay then. Let's continue." The father - son duo walked along the long winding path, talking about quidditch.

He then pointed out the huge castle that they called home. "This is what Potter Castle looks like from outside." Harry's reaction was priceless. His lower jaw nearly touched the gravel they were walking on when he saw his house from outside.

 His lower jaw nearly touched the gravel they were walking on when he saw his house from outside

James started laughing like a maniac when he saw Harry's reaction. Harry, who was jolted out of his gaping by his dad's laughter, turned beet red and was about to retort something to him when he heard Sirius shouting "will you two come along faster? I want to show him the inside of this place." "Alright! Alright! We're coming." Shouted back Harry and started running without giving James any warning. "Hey" exclaimed James and started running behind him.

After catching up at the front door, they went inside. The door had a lion's head for a handle. James asked Harry to push the door open and enter the place. Harry was astounded to see the numerous chandeliers and numerous sit outs in the hall combined with the view of the outside that can be seen through the floor to ceiling French Windows.

"This is just one small part of the ground floor. Across the room, just around the stairs, you will find a door that will lead to the castle's library. The stairs are very well connected to each and every floor of the castle and that is the only way you'll be able to enter the dungeons where the potions lab is situated. If you wish, you could use the resources to your heart's satisfaction to finish your holiday homework." Explained James, as his heart soared when he saw Harry's priceless reaction.