66. Turning 16

PREVIOUSLY IN JILY RETURNS

Harry and James buy a new trunk for Harry and also buy a pet Kneazle kitten.

________________________________________

This year, Harry was turning 16. Just a year before he hits majority. His parents knew about this and decided to surprise him with a pet dog even though he had a pet Kneazle, which was two months old, and a pet owl, which he had since his first year.

Neville and his parents too came over for staying about a week before their birthdays.

Hence, on the 31st of July, both the boys got up at around 6:30 am in the morning, took a shower and rode around the property in their favourite bikes.

They came back in to find James and Frank waiting by the door. "What happened you guys?" asked Neville. "We want to show you something. Think of it as a birthday present from us to you both." Said Frank.

"Okay. But what is it?" asked Harry. "Lily, Alice, could you bring it in?" said James. The boys then saw the ladies holding a Labrador Retriever Puppy each. Harry's was a blonde one while Neville's was black.

"Puppies?" asked a shocked Harry. "Yes. I hope that you guys will take care of them properly." Said Alice. "Yes!" both exclaimed together. "Okay, boys. Here's the dog treats and toys for them to play with. The dog bed and food are already there in your bags." Said Lily.

The boys ran back to Harry's room to make the puppies feel comfortable and at home.

________________________________________

Later that day,

There was a small party that was held at Potter Castle. It wasn't as big as last year as only their closest friends from the DA and outside were invited. The Weasleys, Hermione, Abbot, Bones, Tonks, Evans and Potter families were the most prominent members. Other than that, many members of the Defense Association, like Blaise Zabini, Daphne Greengrass, Astoria Greengrass, Terry Boot, Michael Corner, Dean Thomas, Seamus Finnigan, Lavender Brown, the Patil Twins were the ones present from the DA.

Everyone had their fair share of fun. Dinner ended with a food fight amongst the kids.

Once they cleaned up, everyone were sitting around the campfire having Marshmallows and S'mores. The parents agreed to let their children to stay back at Potter Castle for the rest of the holidays as they wanted to discuss about the DA and practice their spells.