84. Saving Him - 1

PREVIOUSLY IN JILY RETURNS

Greyback and two other members of the pack torture Remus.

________________________________________

Remus woke up, groaning and coughing up blood a bit. He was lying in a forest, his clothes strewn about around him. He made an effort to sit up but the pain in his ribs was excruciating and he yelped, falling back down. His breathing was heavy as he forced himself to his feet. He leaned back against a tree, breathing hard as his eyes travelled over his body.

He was still naked and dried blood mixed with fresh blood as it dripped down his body. His ribs and his sides were torn open and he could feel his legs shaking from the weakness. His head was pounding.

"Remus?" a small voice murmured and his eyes flipped open. The five kids whom he had seen before were standing there. "Hey, what are you five doing here?" he asked, hating the weak sound of his voice. Leo, was the oldest at ten, stepped forward with Remus' pants in his hands and said "We're here to take you to St. Mungo's. Greyback doesn't know we're here."

Spencer nodded. He was eight and his twin brother Jacob stood next to him silently. "We saw in your eyes that you wanted to help us. You're the only one who's ever shown the slightest bit of care about us. We want to help you."

Remus nodded. "T-thanks."

Spencer and Jacob held onto him as Leo helped him into his pants. The blood continued to drip down his body. Kiara and Aquila, twin girls aged six, watched them silently, their eyes curious and afraid.

Remus gave all of them a small smile. "You guys haven't told me your names yet."

The oldest boy who helped him wear his pants introduced all of them. "I'm Leo. These two boys are twin brothers Spencer and Jacob. The girls are Kiara and Aquila. They're twins too."

He noticed that the girls were afraid. He beckoned them close. "Hey, you two. I'm not going to let anyone hurt you guys again, alright?" He said in a very soothing voice. The girls gave a small smile each as all of them nodded and hugged him carefully, so as to not hurt him more.

"How do you plan to get me there?" Remus asked in a very weak voice. "I can't walk any further."

Spencer nodded. "He's right, Leo."

Leo nodded. "I'll get help."

Remus was about to say yes when he remembered the mirror. Sirius and James had made a mirror each for Harry, Ginny, Lily, Marlene and Dorcas and connected them with each other. "Wait, there's a mirror in my pocket. Get it."

Spencer reached for the mirror in the pocket and pulled it out. "Why a mirror?" The older lycanthrope shook his head. "Say the name 'James Potter' into it and when his face appears to you, you tell him where you are."