24. The Surprise

PREVIOUSLY ON JILY RETURN
Charlus Potter tells his grandson that he's in for a surprise in the morning.
________________________________________

Harry woke up bright and early in the morning. He knew that his grandparents were early risers. So, he quickly brushed his teeth and changed to something that is sports friendly and ran down to the dining room to have his breakfast.

He as found his grandparents sitting and eating their respective breakfasts. "Good Morning Gran and Papa!" "Good Morning, sweetheart." Cooed Dorea. "Good Morning, Harry! Ready for what I'm going to show you?" "Yes papa." He said. Once Twitchet placed his breakfast (Eggs and Bacon) on the table, he just wolfed it down in inhumane speed. "Slow down there! You'll choke on your food, Harry James." Reprimanded his grandmother. Harry grinned sheepishly. "Sorry gran. I can't wait to see what surprise it is. And seeing that he's finished, I didn't want to make him wait." He reasoned out. Dorea just shook her head with a smile while Charlus laughed.

"Ok then. Since you've finished your breakfast, let's go." Said Charlus and led Harry out to the back porch. Harry's eyes were nearly as wide as saucers when he saw the length and breadth of the back yard. Towards the right, there was a quidditch that was larger than the one at Hogwarts but smaller than a professional sized one. "Can't have a personal professional sized quidditch pitch if you're not a professional player." Papa told him. Towards the left, he saw five huge greenhouses. "I could so get Neville and show him the greenhouses. He loves Herbology, you know." Commented Harry. A little away from the greenhouses were two shed like structures which Harry couldn't recognize.

"Alright Harry. Mount your broom, kick off and follow me." Ordered Charlus. They started riding towards the place near the Quidditch pitch. When he flew into the clearing, he then noticed the Abraxan stables. They landed near the quidditch pitch's changing rooms and left them inside the changing rooms.

They then started walking towards those majestic winged horses. "Abraxans" exclaimed Harry. "Yes. And I want to teach you how to ride them. I wanted to see your reaction. That's why I didn't tell you yesterday."

"I'm so going to love riding these beauties" commented Harry and went with his grandfather but stayed behind him. Charlus went towards one of the majestic creatures and started petting her. "Her name's Roxie. The one to our left is Aron and the one to our right is Alps. Roxie here, was named by James when he was 5 years old. Come on, pet her. She's as gentle as a mother to a new born baby." Harry came forward and started petting her. She whinnied her hand and sat down in front of him. "This gesture means that she wants you to ride her." His grandfather told him.

Harry climbed on to her back and Roxie started to take off. She took off slowly as she didn't want to startle him. Once she picked pace, she started flying. Harry thoroughly enjoyed flying her. She was very gentle when it came to riding her.