80. The Brewing Session - 2

PREVIOUSLY ON JILY RETURNS

Severus gets a letter from Poppy about Peeves knocking the potions cabinet over and spilling all the potions so as to make a ruckus.

________________________________________

Severus gave Harry the list of potions that were required at the infirmary. "Well, here's the list of potions. Make only those that you're absolutely sure of. I'll be making Dreamless Sleep and Blood Replenishing Potion as it hasn't been taught to you yet. Choose among the rest. We'll need at least 10 batches of the potions on the list for now. I'll do the rest later myself. Since we are only two people, we can do only one potion each at a time." Harry nodded and checked the list.

He decided to do ten batches of the cure for boils as it was a first-year potion and he knew the recipe by heart. After finishing the potion and bottling it, Harry asked "Where do I put the phials?" Severus turned and saw twenty phials of Cure for Boils. Snape conjured a box that can hold twenty potions and asked him to put it into it. Just as he started putting it inside, Blaise walked in. "Hello Harry. Weasley and Granger told that you'll be here. I wanted to stock up on my potions too."

"Hey Blaise. Sorry, but I'm not stocking up today. I'm helping Professor Snape brew potions to stock up the infirmary." Said Harry, as he continued to put the phials inside the box. The Italian saw the potions master brewing about twenty potions at a time.

"Hello Professor. Would you mind me helping?" he asked. "No, Mr. Zabini. I don't. Ask Mr. Potter what to do." Said the Potions Master in a curt voice. Zabini nodded and looked at Harry. Harry explained what to do. Since Cure for Boils was done, Harry started on the Calming Draught and Blaise started on PepperUp.

By the time all of them finished, it was almost lunch. Remus just then came in. "Harry, Ron just told me that you were here stocking up." He said. "Hey! I wasn't actually stocking up for myself. I was helping Professor Snape brew for the Infirmary."

"Ah! I see. Saw what he did myself. Knocked the whole cabinet off before Madame Pomfrey or I could do anything. And before you ask, I was there helping a first-year student. He was running a fever since this morning." Harry nodded. "So, what are the potions that have been finished?" asked the lycanthrope. "Cure for Boils, Calming Draught and PepperUp. Professor Snape was working on Dreamless Sleep Potion and Blood Replenishers. Ten batches each."

"That's a lot of brewing. But that's not enough for the whole year." said Remus. "Yes. But professor said that he'll work on more once he's given enough for the time being." Said Harry. Remus nodded. "Why don't I help you pack these up. You'll anyways need to go to the Infirmary to deliver these before you head for lunch."

Harry nodded at this and he went to help Snape bottle the calming draughts while Snape was doing the same with the Blood Replenishers. Soon enough, it was done and the Potions Master turned to the boys. "Mr. Zabini, Mr. Potter, I appreciate your help. 20 points each to both Gryffindor and Slytherin."

Blaise had known the change that had taken over the Potions Master since last year. So, he wasn't surprised when he awarded Gryffindor with house points. The two professors and two students levitated the boxes to the infirmary and left them under the watchful eye of Madame Pomfrey before heading back to the great hall for lunch.

But they didn't know that they were in for a nasty surprise.