87. The Surprising News

PREVIOUSLY IN JILY RETURNS

The kids get acquainted with the rest of Remus' friends and family.

________________________________________

It had been a few days since Remus came back home. But he was in no position to get back to school and teach. He was told to continue after Christmas.

So, Severus had to divide his time between teaching DADA and Potions. He decided to take Harry's and Blaise's help in doing it. Harry agreed to teach DADA to the students of first through fifth years while Blaise took care of the same for potions.

Everyone had a change in their timetables. The first to fifth years students will have classes from 9:00 am in the morning till the last period before lunch while the sixth - and seventh - year students had classes after lunch. This schedule was to be followed until Remus came back to teach. The first to fifth year classes were taken care of by Blaise and Harry, while Severus took care of the sixth and seventh years.

Harry, Ron and Hermione were in regular contact with Remus. They kept asking him about his health. They even spoke to the five kids he had rescued sometimes.

Harry was finally able to concentrate on his studies, manage the DA and play for the team as the quidditch captain.

________________________________________

Time Skip to Christmas Holidays

Everyone went back home to spend their holidays with their families. Harry too went back and was happy to find Remus waiting with his family at the Kings Cross Station.

The girls had grown quite fond of Harry and thought of him as their older brothers, ran and hugged him when he came to their view. Harry laughed and hugged the girls, whom he considered to be his sisters. James and Lily smiled at this and walked towards their son.

Harry hugged his parents and grandparents and asked "Shall we go home?" "Sure, we can." His grandfather replied. Since Harry couldn't apparate yet, all of them used a portkey to transport themselves and Harry's things to the travel room of Potter Castle.

The house elves were asked to put away Harry's things in his room. The girls went to the room which they insisted on sharing to wash up before coming back down for lunch.

"Harry, before you head to your room to wash up, we want to ask you something." Said Lily seriously (No pun intended) to her son. "What is it, mum?"

"We're planning to adopt Kiara and Aquila." Said James. "Their parents didn't want them anymore because they're lycanthropes. According to what Remus found out, they were abandoned when they were bitten about a year ago. Greyback took the girls under his wing after that. So, it's an easy process. What do you think?"

Harry was pleasantly surprised by this. He pulled his parents into a hug and whispered "Yes. I'm happy about your decision." James and Lily sighed in relief. "Both of them were quite shy initially. But you can see how happy and open they've become." Harry nodded. "Yes. So, I've seen. Do they know that you're adopting them?" "Yes, they do." Said James. Just then, the girls came running in. "Harry, mum, dad, come on! We're hungry" exclaimed a hungry Aquila.

"Yes, princess. We're coming, we're coming." Said James as both of the girls got their dad's and older brother's hand and dragged them to the living room. A grinning Lily was not far behind.