43. Coming Back

PREVIOUSLY IN JILY RETURNS

The Minister issues an arrest warrant against Umbridge for using blood quills on minors.

________________________________________

Whatever colour was present in Umbridge's face drained. The sickly smile that was always plastered on to her face had been wiped out a long time ago. She started quaking in fear when Auror John Dawlish took her wand away. "Auror Tonks, check her office thoroughly to check if she has any other illegal possessions. Get a few more of your colleagues if you want." Ordered Kingsley Shacklebolt while he bound Umbridge with the binding rope.

Lily and James had slipped out of the office and were waiting outside as they didn't want to do something very drastic. The minister had seen them slip outside but didn't comment as he knew how they felt. So, the Ministry officials waited patiently for Tonks to finish her job and return. "Found these in her drawer. Didn't find anything else." Said the young Auror, while handing out 4 blood quills to her senior.

They soon left the place with Umbridge, who was given a trial, found guilty and was sentenced to Azkaban for 10 years. Her wand was snapped and she could buy another one only after 5 years of her release.

Now that the problem was taken care of, James and Lily came back in and started fussing over their only son. "Why didn't you tell anyone? Severus thankfully observed that something was wrong and found out. If he hadn't been that observant, I think we would've found out only during Christmas." Exclaimed Lily.

Harry's eyes trained to his shoes and answered "I didn't want to cause problems. You saw how she was. Just because I missed one hour of Professor Flitwick's class to take care of my hand, she found out and came over here to dish out detention." All of them softened out and Lily went over and gave him a hug, which he gladly returned. "Now that this is done with, can we call Remus over and get him back to teaching? We can ask Filius to remove the jinx off the post." Said Severus.

________________________________________

Time Skip to a few hours later...

Harry had returned back to the common room where he was confronted by Ron, Hermione, Dean, Seamus, Neville, Ginny and the twins confronted him. "What happened, Harry? Why did Snape ask you to stay back after class?" asked Neville. "He wanted to ask me something. By the way, Umbridge is fired and arrested." Everyone in the group breathed a sigh of relief.

"What did she do to get herself fired AND arrested." Asked Hermione. "She was using blood quills on students who spent time with her during detentions." Everyone collectively gasped. Before anyone could say anything, Harry interjected "Guys! I want to forget about this. So, can we just go and eat dinner? Plus, we have our first DA meeting as well today, remember?" They got excited at that and went down for dinner.

After the last of the desserts was cleared, McGonagall got up from her seat and addressed the students "For all of your attention, Dolores Umbridge has been fired and arrested as few of her disciplinary actions were illegal." There was a huge round of applause when they heard the news. "There's another news. Professor Lupin has agreed to take up the spot as the teacher for the subject yet again. Welcome back, Professor"

The hall was silent for a moment and then broke into a huge round of applause and cheering. When Harry spared a glance at the teacher, he saw that he had been moved to tears. But he couldn't wait as he had to go for their first DA meeting.