34. Back to School

PREVIOUSLY IN JILY RETURNS
Harry passes the exams that was set for Ancient Runes and Arithmancy with flying colours and quit divination.
________________________________________

The first of September came too quickly for everyone's liking. Harry wanted to spend more time with his family. But he was also excited to go back to Hogwarts as he would be starting the study group.

James saw his son's forlorn face and assured "Sirius and I will be meeting you every two weeks. I've told Minnie that you've been learning occlumency and have been training to become an animagus. She's agreed to help you with the animagus training in case you have any doubt during the two-week gap." Harry visibly grew happier. Lily then checked with him "Have you packed everything?" Harry nodded. "Good. We'll be apparating to King's Cross at 10:30, yeah?" Harry hummed as he chewed on his pancakes.

They directly apparated onto the platform. Not many people were there on the platform. And only the Potters had gone to drop Harry off. Sirius and Marlene had gone on a month-long tour across Europe, while Remus couldn't come due to the full moon that night and Dorcas wanted to stay with him.

"That's it then." Sighed James. Harry nodded. "All of us expect letters, Harry James. Keep practicing putting up your shields and your meditation. And most importantly don't only study. I know that you play quidditch for the team. But other than that, none of us mind occasional pranks. And keep your wand and portkey on you always." Instructed Charlus. Harry nodded with a smile.

"Harry!". Harry turned around to find the Weasleys and Hermione walk towards him. "Hey guys!" he greeted them as they came closer. "Harry, we'll get a compartment. Just spend some more time with your family before getting on to the train." Whispered Ron into his years. Harry smiled gratefully and nodded. He wondered how lucky he was to have such understanding friends.

Just as the others climbed onto the train, James pulled Harry to a secluded corner of the platform. "Harry, I noticed the way you were looking at Ginny when they arrived. I want you to ask her out before Christmas. You know what I'll do. But do remember about 'The Talk' your grandfather and I gave you the other day. Your mum and I are just a bit too young to become grandparents, yeah?" By the time he finished, Harry was sure that his face was just like a tomato. He just nodded and the both of them went back to where their family was. Harry heaved his trunk and Hedwig's cage onto the train before getting on himself.

Just as he got on, he heard the whistle telling all students to board the train. He spoke with them for some more time before the train lurched forward promptly at 11 o' clock. He waved to them until they were out of sight and found the compartment where his friends were sitting.