65. Father & Son Bonding Time - 2

PREVIOUSLY IN JILY RETURNS

James and Harry go and buy a new trunk.

________________________________________

They then just roamed about the Alley after James had shrunk the trunk and put it into one of his pocket.

James casually asked "Harry, have you ever played pranks all these years?" "Nope!" he said, popping the 'p'. "The first four years had me fighting Voldemort and this year was OWLs. So never thought of it." He said casually. James understood this and promised himself mentally that he'd take him to Zonkos with Sirius and Remus.

They popped into Scribbulus Stationery as Harry wanted to stock up on parchments, quills and ink. James secretly got a self-inking quill that Harry could use when he was studying in his trunk. He was going to give it to him on his birthday.

They went to Quality Quidditch Supplies and Harry bought this year's quidditch season schedule as he really badly wanted to go to a Puddlemere United match. They then went to Eeylops Owl Emporium as Harry needed to get owl treats for Hedwig. But one thing caught his eye. He saw a black colour kneazle kitten curled up in one of the cages. He went over to it and started petting her. James and the shop keeper saw what Harry was doing and walked over.

"She's a beauty, isn't she? She's a Kneazle. Just a little over a month old." Said the Shopkeeper. "Dad, can we take her, please? I'll take good care of her." Said Harry, looking at James as he picked the kitten up carefully and holding her in his arms. The kitten purred contentedly when he scratched between her ears and snuggled more into Harry's chest.

James watched this with a smile and agreed. "Yes, Harry. We can take her as long as you can take care of both Hedwig and her." Harry agreed to this as it was a fair condition and took her home and even bought cat treats and toys for her to play with. Harry smiled inwardly, thinking of how Ginny was going to go along with his pet kneazle.

They then flooed back home and saw that Sirius, Marlene, the Lupins, Lily, and the older Potters were sitting at the table, and discussing about something over tea and biscuits. "Hey, you guys! What's up?" asked Harry, as he came into the dining room after dropping off his trunk and other things in his room, but not leaving his kneazle.

"Hey Harry! Is that a cat, I see?" asked Lily. "Not a cat, a Kneazle. Just a little over a month old. Got her when dad and I went to get owl treats for Hedwig." Said Harry, as he handed the tiny little fur ball to his mum. "She's cute, isn't she?" cooed Dorcas as she stroked the area between its ears. "Have you given her a name yet?" "No. I haven't gotten any good name for her yet."

Dorcas nodded and the everyone got back to whatever they were talking about, with James and Harry joining the conversation.