39. The Blood Quill - 1

PREVIOUSLY IN JILY RETURNS
Harry lands himself in his first detention with Dolores Umbridge.
________________________________________

Umbridge directed him to sit in the table and chair provided a little bit away from the desk. There was a piece of parchment placed on the desk.

After he sat down, she told him "You're going to doing some lines for me, Mr. Potter." He was about to take his quill and ink well out when she stopped him. "No, not with your quill. You'll be using a rather special quill of mine." Saying which, she placed that quill on the sheet of parchment. "Now, I want you to write 'I must not tell lies'." She told him and walked to the window. "How many times?" asked Harry. "Well, as long as the message takes to sink in." she replied. "You haven't given me any ink." he told her. "Oh, you wouldn't need any ink." She replies back from her spot.

After writing a line or two with it, he could feel a burning sensation in his left hand. He saw that the lines he was being made to write was etched on his hand. He remained quiet at this and controlled his emotions. He didn't want her to win.

It continued on for the next few hours. She stopped him when it was around 10:30 in the night. She examined his hand and dismissed him. But he told her "Professor, I want you to burn this parchment. I will not allow you to have anything that has my blood on it." She frowned at this but burned it alright. Harry left it right on time so that he didn't burn his hand, thanks to his reflexes.

________________________________________

It was two weeks since Harrison James Potter spent his first detention with Dolores Umbridge. He had already made the notice about the study group on the Wednesday of the same week he spent his first detention and announced the same during dinner later that day. He also told the students about the charmed parchment for everyone's safety. Umbridge was seething when she got to know about this. She nearly gave him detention but was stopped by all the teachers sitting at the head table and pointed out that it was her mistake for not knowing while everyone else in the staff knew about it. Harry had planned hold their first meeting correctly two weeks from the date of announcement.

Umbridge, due to her hatred towards Harry, gave him detention for even the smallest of mistakes. But neither she nor Harry was noticing Snape observing their activities. He didn't fail to notice the reduce in the boy coming down to the dungeons for brewing potions. Initially, he came every alternate day. But now, it had been reduced to one or two days a week. He also noticed how unseemingly thin the boy was now when compared to the beginning of school.

After a potions class, he spoke "Bottle your potions, label them and hand them in. Mr. Potter, stay back please."