52. Pranks and Presents - 3

PREVIOUSLY IN JILY RETURNS

The resident of Potter Castle go and open presents.

________________________________________

They reached the sitting room, which had a massive Christmas tree near the fireplace. Thankfully, there was a table placed near the tree so that the presents that can't be placed under the tree can be placed on the table.

The first presents to be opened by everyone were from the Weasleys. Arthur, Daniel and the men in the Potter Palace had become really close friends over the festive holidays. So, Molly Weasley had a really tough time in knitting her trademark sweaters for everyone in the castle. Then, everyone else's presents were opened.

The presents that had caught everyone's eyes were the ones Harry had given to Ginny. By now, everyone knew that those two were dating as they were caught snogging by Lily, Molly, Marlene and Dorcas, who in turn had spread the news. Ginny's brothers except for the twins and Ron had murderous looks on their faces. But one look from their mum silenced them. Arthur had given him the 'you hurt her, I kill you' look, but was happy for them.

Now, back to the presents, Harry gave Ginny a long package covered with brown wrappings and a medium sized box. "Open the smaller one first." He said. When she did, she saw the most beautiful rose gold jewellery set. It had a necklace with her name engraved in a pendant, matching teardrop earrings, and a bracelet with a broomstick engraved on one side and her name on the other.

"Oh my god! It's beautiful." She whispered. She then jumped on him and gave her boyfriend a hug that could rival her mother's. The boys were cat-calling and whistling while the girls 'Aww'ed. Ginny then proceeded to sit on Harry's lap before reaching out to the longer one.

Everyone except for the Potters (who knew what Harry was gifting his girlfriend) gawked when they saw a Firebolt drop on her lap. "Is that a Firebolt?" asked a shocked Fred. "Yes, it is. I wanted to give it to her right away so that she can get used to flying with this before she tries for the team next year." Ginny gave him another hug and snuggled into Harry's lap.

It took about 3 hours for everyone to open their presents. In the end, Harry had gotten about 25 books in various genres from his mum, Remus and Dorea; an advanced potions kit and a guide on how and why certain ingredients are prepared and added in a certain way; a box of sweets from Ginny which she herself had made; broom servicing kit refills from Ron; Weasleys Wizarding Wheezes products from the twins; And, rare potion ingredients from his Grandfather and James, among many others.

Just then, the floo flared, announcing Minerva McGonagall's and Hagrid's arrival with a whole load of presents. Both of them nearly dropped what she was holding when they saw James, Sirius, Remus and Frank in their looks. "My, My! Who did this to you four?" "It's not just the four of us, Minerva. Even Severus got pranked." Said James and started snickering when he saw the Potions master's red face. "It was Harry, Neville and Dora here who did it." Said Remus, answering her question.