47. The Letter

PREVIOUSLY IN JILY RETURNS

Harry's first meeting with the DA went on very well.

________________________________________

It was a nice wintery day in the month of November. The DA lessons and his animagus and duelling skills training, and the etiquette lessons that he was receiving from his father, grandfather and godfather were also going on very well. It was a nice Saturday morning and everyone were spending their time in the castle grounds as the weather was too good to be spent cooped up indoors. The golden trio were having their breakfast when he received a letter from his grandfather containing the following information:

Hey Harry!

I wanted to tell you that we host a grand Christmas ball every 24th December on the Christmas Eve. We did it till your grandmother and I were, you know. Anyway, back to the topic, we invite all the bigshots from the ministry and a few family friends as well. What I want to tell you is that you need to bring a date with you to the ball. That's the rule, buddy. Sorry about that. But, as a Potter, you'll need to show up with one. I hope that you've already found your match.

I also extend my invite to the two of your friends. Though I'll be sending a formal invite to Arthur Weasley myself, it's best that you inform your friends the same, so that they have time to get their dates. I've added a formal invite to share with your friend Hermione Granger and her family as well. I've attached it to this letter. Ask her to owl it to her parents. The address is in the invite. Enjoy your remaining term. Your gran sends in her regards. Stay Safe.

Yours lovingly,

Papa

Harry was shocked and surprised. He had to get a date for the Christmas Ball at his house. Hermione and Ron saw the expression on his face and asked. "Is everything okay, Harry?" "Yes. It's fine. It's just that my family hosts the Christmas Ball every year. Or they did until Voldemort killed them. My grandfather's asked me to get a date to the ball."

"A date?" asked Ron. "Yep" said Harry, popping the 'P'. "Well, Ron, Papa's asked me to tell you that he's invited the both of you and your families. So, you guys too will have to ask someone out. Hermione, here's the invite." He said as he handed out the parchment. "Owl this to your parents."

Hermione and Ron nodded. Ron then suddenly asked, "Hermione, I wanted to ask you, will you come to the Christmas ball with me?" Hermione blushed and answered the question "Yes Ronald. I'll come with you."

They didn't notice Harry's smirk. He was happy for them. He had to plan to get these two stubborn mules together, and he'll be taking the twins' and Ginny's help.