38. The Discussion

PREVIOUSLY IN JILY RETURNS
Professor Chowdhary hands out the timetables to the Gryffindors.
________________________________________

It was a Saturday when the timetables were handed out. It was about an hour after breakfast when Harry decided to go visit Professor Snape. Thankfully, he was alone. Snape gave Harry a rare smile when he saw that it was Harry who had knocked on his door.

"Hello Harry. What brings you down here?" he asked. "Sir, I've been practicing all the potions that I've learnt from first through fourth year during the holidays. As you know, I'm starting a study group since it's OWL year this year. And I want to include potions as well in this group. I've asked Professor Flitwick to be the sponsor for all subjects except potions, as I had decided to make you the sponsor. I wanted to know if you wanted to be the sponsor for the potions group. Can you?"

Snape was slightly shocked. He had known about the study group, but not about him being the sponsor. He recovered quickly and nodded. "Yes Harry. I'd love to do it. You'll be doing the teaching right?" he asked. "Yes sir. And I wanted to ask you one more thing. Is it fine if I stocked up on potions that might be medically useful?" he asked.

"Medically useful, as in?" Snape asked, confused. "Medically useful, as in Blood Replenishers, Pain Potions, Pain Relievers, Salves for Scratches, Bruises, Burns. That kind. I know Madame Pomfrey is there. But just in case there is an emergency and she can't get to wherever I am fast enough.

Snape thought for a moment and nodded. "Yes, you can. Just give me the list of ingredients that you use and give it to me. I'll need it to stock up." Harry nodded and turned to leave. He stopped near the door and turned back towards his mother's friend. "Professor, I forgot to ask. Is it fine if I came in every alternate day starting tomorrow to brew?" "Yes" answered the Professor. He also added with a smile "You can count on me to help you with anything you want, okay? Think of it as my way of saying sorry to for being such an arse that I was." Harry smiled back and said "Yes, Uncle Sev. Thanks." He left the room leaving behind a very shocked Severus Snape. He smiled at himself a few moments after the door shut.

TIME SKIP TO MONDAY

Fifth-year Gryffindors were anticipating how the new DADA teacher was. They were asked to buy only a theory textbook for the subject. Everyone was chattering but were soon quiet when they heard the distinct clearing of throat by Umbridge.

IT IS THE SAME SCENE AS IN OoTP BUT WITHOUT THE DEATH OF CEDRIC AS HE DIDN'T DIE IN THIS STORY. AND A CHANGE IS THAT THERE IS NO DECREE ABOUT THE MINISTRY BEING ABLE TO EMPLOY TEACHERS IN HOGWARTS. THAT TOAD HAD APPLIED ON HER OWN.

After whatever happened in class, Harry landed himself in detention with the toad. He went to her office at sharp 7:30 in the evening so that she doesn't land him in another detention for being late.

"Enter" said a very sickly, sweet voice when he knocked on her door. (IT IS THE SAME ROOM AS SEEN IN OoTP)