chapter 2

Eliana POV

The wet cloth glides on my skin, wiping up the dried blood from the cuts along my jaw. I stare into the metallic surfaced furnace, as a make-shift mirror.

"Eliana!" My ears hurt as the sound overwhelms them.

I don't know why she yells, when even a whisper would do. Our wolves make sure of that.

Putting the rag down on my pillow, I skip up the stairs. They hate it when I'm late for their summons.

"Eliana!" She calls again.

Her voice is so annoying.

I reach the dining room, the source of the screeching animal. Vanessa sits at the table, legs crossed, as her eyes find me.

"You're so fucking slow." She spits at me. Her strawberry blonde hair bounces with her words, as she narrows her green eyes at me.

"Sorry." I say, turning my eyes to look at the floor. My wolf growls.

"Go get my laundry. I need you to do it over again."

I just did the pack's laundry yesterday.

"Ok."

"I want mine hand-washed. All of it." She gets up from the table and approaches me, her heels clicking with each step.

I just hand-washed all the pack's laundry yesterday.

I nod. She stops, close to my side.

"Stay away from my mate, slut. I smelt your blood on him this morning, and I know I told you to keep your damn distance." She snarls.

Her mate is the one she should be talking to. I've never once approached him in my life. My wolf can sense the sick lust he has towards me. I shiver.

"I'm sorry."

She slaps me across my face and the healing cuts on the right side of my jaw open, bleeding. She vaguely understood my thoughts, of course, we are in the same pack. It's not like she'll do anything about him.

I stand still, digging my nails into my palm. She smirks and walks off.

Her and Liam are a match made in heaven. The Moon Goddess knew what she was doing sticking them together.

I sigh, wiping the blood off with the back of my hand.

It's ok, I'm fine. I calm my wolf.

Since wiping the walls earlier, she's been even more antsy and jittery than before. It's putting me on edge.

Today's been weird, my wolf feels like she's excited for something. It's never felt like this before. I haven't had something to look forward to.

I shake my head, flexing my fingers and taking a deep breath in.

There's laundry to do. I don't have time for unfounded emotions.

Noah POV

I close the driver's side door and start the car.

"Are we really trying to get along with other packs? Seriously?" My beta, Kai, whines again.

"Yes. Stop asking." I pull out the property, heading to the main road. This is the first of many more to come.

"Your parents didn't do things like this."

"You know why they isolated us. I'm Alpha now, so I'm doing things my way." I turn onto the road.

"This is dumb, we rose to the top on our own. We don't need allies." He inputs.