chapter 52

Noah POV

Kai, my father, and the rest of my men surround me as I look around at each of their face's.

"We're going after our actual enemy for 13 years. I want you wolves to clear you ears and let all your pent up anger towards this pack, go into this fight. Not towards my mate." I growl, tapping my finger against the arm of my chair.

"But she's-"

"Don't finish that sentence, because she's not. She left them. Eliana is as much your sister as she is my mate. I want you all to understand that." My soldiers nods, all except my father.

"Son, stop talking about personal issues and explain your plan for defeating Moonstribe." He glares down at me. I scoff.

He's right though. If we're going up against the wolves close to the Goddess, we'll need some kind of power behind us. The pack doesn't even know what we're up against.

I sigh.

"I'm sure you all remember falling into a deep sleep the day Moonstribe invaded, right?" They nod, confused expressions crossing each of their faces.

"We woke up and they were gone. Our training would never allow that." I nod, sitting up in my chair.

"Whether you guys believe it or not, there's a pack closest to the Goddess sent to protect the rest of us or whatever the fuck, and they have these weird powers that give them control over the rest of us. They're called Royals and Moonstribe are those wolves." I state, my eyes drawing over each wolf.

Kai bursts out laughing beside my father, shaking his head.

"I'm sorry but what are you talking about? There's no way, right?" He says, turning to look at my father. My father clenches his teeth and sighs.

"I never imagined we would go up against them. When I was younger, that pack was a stupid children's tale. They must've spared us all those years ago. With their abilities, we all could've died that day. " He says. The soldiers eyes widen.

"No way... How do we win against a pack like that?" Kai breathes out.

"Do you want to give up? Are you willing to let the lives they took away for no reason, go in vain? I'm not, I'll fight them myself if I have to." My fist clench, my nails biting into my palm as Kai straightens his posture. The other soldiers lose all signs of fear, pulling their shoulders back and standing tall.

I'm glad to see I haven't trained a bunch of weaklings. We're warriors and we will defend our loved ones.

Samantha. Eliana.

"Wait, doesn't that mean your mate is one of these Royals?" Kai ask. I internally groan.

I didn't want to discuss this. I didn't want anyone but Robert, Eliana and I, to know.

"Yes, she is." Gasps follow my statement, as I avoid their gaze.

"Then why don't we just use her to defeat them? She's our only weapon. We have to fight fire with fire." Justin, a wolf further in the back suggest. Nods and sounds of agreement echo around the room. My body trembles as I hold back.

They don't know yet. Just tell them, don't blow up. Eliana said not to.

I take a deep breath, letting my exhale calm my anger slightly.

"Every time she uses her powers, it draws on her life force. She saved me when they invaded, using her powers to stop them, literally. Then she fell into a 3 day coma." I growl out, breathing faster as my men look away from me.