chapter 54

Noah POV

"We have to go after her."

"We can't. Noah, you know that."

My fists trembles as the pack surrounds me. The living room overflows with my men, members and even some children. Wide awake at 1 am.

I can't sleep.

"Then what am I supposed to do? I can't live without her! I'm-" Tears fill my eyes and I look away from my pack, up to the ceiling as I take a deep breath.

I can't show them my tears. I'm still in control. I'm their Alpha.

But she's gone. Eliana left, walking into a death trap. She's gone and she's not coming back.

"She used her powers against us all. We couldn't move an inch. How would we even catch her if we did go after her?" Kai says, leaning against my cabinets. My breath is shaky as I turn back towards them.

"I'll go myself." I state, my foot bouncing against the floor.

"Noah..." My mother comments. I shake my head.

"I know why you guys don't care she's gone. You blamed her, whispered behind her back, and bullied her until she left, to fight for you ungrateful wolves." My words growl out through clenched teeth.

"She's just going back to her own pack, it's not like-" Jacklin, kitchen staff, starts from the back. I cut her off.

"She's been their slave since she was five years old. She slept in the basement and was refused basic needs. Eating, shifting into her wolf, even a friend. You think they'll just welcome her back? Do you really fucking think that?!" I shout, slamming my fist against my desk, breathing hard. They stare at me, stunned.

She escaped and we led her back into her prison. Fuck. I promised never to let them touch her again. I said I would protect her, but in the end, I pushed her away too. Even if I didn't mean to.

"When she came here, she could barely talk to you all. Not because she didn't want to, but she didn't know how. She was scared of everything and back then, you still attacked her." My glare lands on Beth, who sits beside my mother with a frown on her face.

I noticed the change in her attitude. I saw her distance herself but I thought it would be fine. Eliana still had me.

Now she's left me.

"You've hurt her the worse out of everyone here. You turned your back on your friend and told her secrets to my parents, for them to air out in front of the pack. Have you gotten your revenge? Are you satisfied?" She stares hard at the ground, trying to ignore me. My mother lays a hand on her knee.

"Noah, she couldn't have become Luna anyway. Not with where she comes from. If she's decided to go help us defeat her family then-"

"That's not her family! I'm her family! She's mine!" I yell, my wolf flashing in and out of control. My father stands up, placing himself in front of mother.

Eliana is mine. She's who I need. She saved me.

"Get a hold of yourself, son." He whispers. I scoff, looking around the room. Eyes avoid mine as I meet them and I slowly shake my head.

They don't care about her sacrifice, they only care that she's making things easier for us. Oh my Goddess, who are these people?

"Is this what isolation has done to us? We don't even care when someone is giving up their life, for us? For our own selfish revenge?" I let the water flow down my face as I stand straight.

Would I be like this if I didn't love her?

"Noah's completely right. This is wrong. She trained to control her powers so she wouldn't hurt anyone, including you all." Robert calls out, standing from his seat in the corner and leaving the room.

He's the right idea. I can't stand another second in this room with them.

I get up, following his lead.

"Noah! Are we stilling going ahead with the plan?" Hunter shouts, I nod.

Eliana's there.

I trail down the hallway, heading towards my room.

How did everything go so wrong? Why am I going to bed alone tonight?

What's Eliana doing right now?

My feet take heavy steps on the stairs, each harder than the next. Turning the corner into the hallway, Alyssa leans against the wall.

"Are you just going to let her go?" She asks, grabbing onto my arm. I glance at her. Her tear-stained eyes reflect back at me.

Eliana, you had a friend in this house. She cares about you too.

"Never. We're going after her." She nods, tears filling her eyes as she takes her leave, wordlessly.

My soldiers will fight for Eliana. We're going to get her back.

I slip into my room, closing my door and leaning against it. My knees buckle beneath me as I sob, putting my head into my hands.

"I'll get you back, Eliana. I promise."

Eliana POV

Don't let them take you, my child. My essence should never be used for evil and your life depends on it. Stay strong.

A shock travels down to my bones as freezing cold water soaks my clothes. My eyes widen, bursting from their slumber as Liam greets me with a wave. My eyes frantically search around, recognizing our surroundings.

The basement.

"Get up you worthless piece of shit." Pain sprouts from my cheek as my head snaps to the side by the force of Liam's punch.

"Why...? Why am I here?" I grit out, my throat raspy and dry. Liam frowns. Events come to me piece by piece.

Noah. I ran away, then I got caught by Liam and-

"I should've broken you before that Alpha showed up, but who knew he would be your mate?" Liam punches my other cheek, blood leaking out my mouth as my teeth cut the inside of my mouth.

My wrists and ankles hold me up pressed against the wall, bonded with metal cuffs screwed into the pavement. I struggle against the bonds, but to no avail.

"There's a small enchantment to stop you Royal freaks from getting away in those, ok? And don't think to use your powers or we'll storm Noah's pack right now and kill them." He says, grabbing my face. His fingers press into my skin as he nears me. I spit, my blood and spit mixing as they land all over him. I smirk.

"I'm not scared of any of you anymore." I growl.

I'm fighting for something now. It doesn't matter if I'm stuck here, I'll find a way. I can-

His fist drives into my gut. I gag, coughing as he wipes the fluid from his face.

"I'm not the one you have to be afraid of from now on." He chuckles, sending shivers down my body.

Then who...?
____________________________________
105k ~ 8/11/20

I'm freaking out. We are at number 3 on werewolf!!!!! Double update. Thank you guys to much so everything, I'm still so woah about all of this. Thank you guys so muchhhhbhb.

Thoughts!?!??!?

Next update super soonnn

XO.