chapter 57

Eliana POV

Night falls as darkness fills up the room, drowning me like a sea of black.

They aren't related to me.

How will I tell Noah? How will I tell his pack? Will Beth be able to look at me without that look in her eyes? Will I ever get back to them?

I have too much to live for now. I can't die. I can't run away like this.

If I die fighting them, I'll be satisfied but the regret of never going back to them will always linger.

They don't even know the truth. They don't have to blame me anymore. I'll forgive them for everything so Moon Goddess, please, please help me go home.

...Embrace your blessing...

A night breeze floats through the room, leaving it's whispers in my ears as soon as it passes by.

That voice? It's the one from my dreams.

Maybe it's the Goddess herself encouraging me to take hold of this curse she gave me and let it use me for all I'm worth.

I'll do it if it means Noah and his family will be happy. What other purpose do I have other than them? Other than the selfish feeling in my heart wanting them to love me and accept me, so I do shit like this.

I'm so stupid. So self-sabotaging. But I'd run from Noah again, if I had the chance to change it.

Without this trip, I'd know nothing.

Moonstribe killed the Royals using the witches as back up. I'm guessing the day they attacked and made everyone except me and Noah live through it, they used a spell.

Not a blessing.

Relief spreads through me.

I have to do this for myself too. Moonstribe shouldn't be able to bond me in chains like this. I don't know what the witches plan to do with me, but they'll get everything coming at them, including my jaws.

Why did they attack our packs? What's behind all of this?

My wrists and ankles pound as I try to stretch my shoulders, pulling them away from the wall.

It's all way too confusing. I don't get any of this.

I shake my head, leaning back on the wall and shutting my eyes.

All that matters now is Noah. I can come back to you.

After having my family stolen from me again and again, I want a permeate person in my life. I know that's Noah.

I love you and I'm sorry Noah. I hate to see your tears, I'm sorry.

The door creaks open as Liam sneaks inside. I watch as he takes slow steps, stopping in front of me. His quiet stare screams and my eyes adjust to seeing him in the scarce moonlight.

"You know, I've always hated you." He breathes. My eyebrows furrow.

What does he want, right now? Shouldn't he be sleeping with Vanessa?

I don't respond.

"All these years, I've wanted to do something like this to you, but even now, I'm waiting for something else. I want to see you break." Liam grabs my chin, drawing me forward. I glare at him.

He won't let me rest? I just want him to leave.

Maybe I could...

I narrow my eyes, my head spinning as I try to use my powers against him. My wrists and ankles burn and I bite my lip in pain. He smirks.

"I can tell you're trying to use your powers, but if it's anything to try to get out of here like I said before, these bonds are meant to keep you glued to this wall until those hags show up." His grip tightens as I bare my teeth at him.

"Why don't you go sleep with your mate and stop bothering me?" I ask, letting my eyes stay on his.

I won't look away this time. I won't look down.

He smacks me across my face. I sigh, turning back to look in his eyes again.

If that's what he thinks will have me submit again, he's wrong. I'm not the same girl who ran away months ago. I'm stronger than her and grateful she choose to leave this pack.

Liam scoffs, chuckling as he lets me go and walks to the wall opposite of me, hiding in the shadows of the furnace.

"When we were little, we had a lot of fun, didn't we?"

What's his point?

"My father tore you away from me the moment the witches told him they were going to take you in the future. He didn't want us close, in fact, he didn't want you close with anyone." Liam tilts his head at me, the moonlight only revealing his figure.

So I've been like cattle in a farm, raised to be eaten. What did I expect? Years of torment, all because of a promise made at the expense of so many lives.

Sam. My actual pack. What do these witches want? Why so much bloodshed?

"I couldn't be nice to you and to be honest, I was bored without you. Being cruel was the only way to maintain any relationship with you. I hated it at first, but I soon came to love it better than our friendship before." Liam chuckles again. I frown.

He's been a bastard since he was little, so what? I don't care about that anymore.

"I even hoped they would erase the memory of when we got along, just like they erased your memory after we took over." My eyes widen.

What is he talking about? They erased my memory? That's why I can't remember anything before I was five? Is that why I don't remember my parents, not even a little?

"What?" I ask. Liam pushes off the wall, coming towards me again.

"Oh, I forgot you don't know about that either. You didn't know anything. That's how I liked you and why I couldn't help but want to explore your naivety, even after I found Vanessa. You stopped me last time, but there's not much you can do now." A shiver of fear travels up my spine as the ancient itch on my thigh under my skin, throbs again.

He's fucking gross. No one is allowed to touch me but Noah. No one.

"Let's continue." He lays his finger against my throat. I cringe back.

I'd rather die. I'd rather kill him. I will.

He's a sick fuck.
____________________________________
200k ~ 8/17/20

Hey guyssss I can't believe we've hit 200k!?!????? Thank u all so much!!! What should I do for it?

Thoughts on Liam?

Don't forget to follow me, vote and comment if u like the story!

Next update soon

XO.