chapter 25

Eliana POV

"You tried to take me out, bitch."

"You should've been ready."

"Be honest, you brought me out there to get out the rest of your frustrations."

"You're the one who hit me and kept fucking punching me."

"It didn't hurt."

"You weren't the one being beat up!"

Beth and I walk through the front doors of the pack house, arguing.

"It didn't hurt." I repeat, as my sore muscles threaten to cripple my body movement.

"Let me punch you like 10 times in your gut. No flexing." She stops and I blink at her.

"That's different. You train like everyday." I remind her. She flips her long brown hair and walks by me.

"Cool, so I train you everyday and we can fight? See you tomorrow then." She grins, scoffing by me.

I smirk and shake my head. I walked into that one.

I see why the pack enjoys her. She knows how to cheer up someone. Beth isn't a bad person, she has a big mouth and loves to speak her opinion, regardless of how you feel. Regardless of how I felt.

I needed that. Having so much shit on your chest and not being able to release it somewhere was suffocating. I'm looking forward to training with her more.

I head up to my room, passing by Noah's closed office. Slight whispers can be heard through the wood, even to a wolf's ear. Sighing, I pass by, continuing to my room.

My fingertips brush my lips as I turn up to our hallway.

He kissed me.

I know he's busy and even more now that there's a threat in our mist, but I want him to myself sometimes.

I reach my room, coming in and shutting the door behind me. Throwing off my clothes as I come further into the space, I slip into my bathroom.

Sweating as it turns out, isn't something cute. It feels sticky and gross. My old pack worked me dry but they never let me really get the exercise I needed. As gross as it feels, its nice to do something like that. Next, I want to go into the human world. That seems like fun.

I shower quickly, relaxing under the warm water at it flows through my curls and shrinks it closer to my scalp, as it coats the rest of my body with a blanket of liquid comfort.

I don't even want to think, it might ruin this.

I breathe in the steamy air, turning off the water and squeezing the excess out of my hair. I hop out, get dressed, and lay flat on my bed. A knock sounds at the door. I sit up and stretch my arms.

"Come in." I say, and the door creaks open to Noah walking in. My eyes widen and my arms quickly retract into my side.

He was just in that office. Didn't they have a meeting going on or something?

His gaze wanders everywhere but on me as he leans against the door shut.

"I wanted to check up on you." He says, glancing at me. My face heats.

Why is this so ...embarrassing?

"I'm doing good. How about you? They've had you in that office since forever." I ask, crossing my legs. He exhales and his clenched fists release.

"I wanted to check up on you." He repeats, looking at me. My breathing grows shallow.

"I said I'm good. What's wrong?" I ask, straightening my legs and getting ready to get off the bed.