chapter 6

Eliana POV

He's gone. My wolf whimpers as I brace myself.

A sharp pain sprouts from my arm as Liam digs his claws into it. The mild protection I had while Noah was here, has left with him.

"You bitch, look what you've done!" He snarls into my ear. I clench my teeth and squeeze my eyes shut.

They just kicked my other half out, and they want to blame me? Why am I surprised at this point? I should be used to their shit like this.

"You're the one who insisted to keep her, you disgrace of a son!" A thud is heard as the Alpha punches his son in the face. Liam's hold on me doesn't lessen.

Liam remains silent. I look at him.

"For this slut of dog, you threatened your mother and me? You know why we've been living like this for years, in fear of them, and yet-" The Alpha growls.

Why'd he do that? Why does he want to trap me in this hell of a life and keep me from my mate? Actually, that sounds just like him, but to go against his parents? I don't know anymore, but it disgusts me.

He turns towards me.

"Have you slept with my son? What did you do to seduce him, bitch?" The Alpha yells but I don't turn from him, or lower my gaze.

They've crossed the line.

"Liam, I'm disappointed in you." The Alpha spits in my face and walks away. I cringe and wipe the liquid from my face with my free sleeve.

The pack clears out, everyone going their own way as I remain with Liam. My heart pounds in my ears and I wait for his abuse.

"Babe, we have to talk." Vanessa walks up to us, looking at Liam and sending me a glare.

"Just let me-" He starts, pulling me forward a bit.

"No, no more being around her. Let's go." She snatches his hand off of me and takes him somewhere, I don't watch long enough to see where. I don't ever want to see them again.

I walk dreary to my room, shutting the door and throwing myself on my bed.

My mate was here. My mate, someone meant to be mine. A friend, a lover, a light in this dull world. He came and left, and hopefully, he never comes back. My wolf whimpers harder at my thoughts, we agree again.

I know if he comes back, he'll bring pack soldiers and it will start a feud that didn't have to begin, because of me. He and his pack don't deserve that burden because of me, I'm nobody. I hope he goes home, puts this to the side, and forgets he even met me.

That would be better than his pack members getting hurt.

I touch my arm and draw my fingers along the places he touched me. The stories are right, a mate's touch is one of the most satisfying feelings a wolf could experience.

Of course, mine was taken away from me by this prison of a pack. Anger swells in me as my body trembles and my wolf growls, reflecting my emotions.

A cloud gathers inside me, dark and twisted, adding to the hate that already built up throughout the years.

I've never tried to fight back, I always thought of it as a fruitless thing, but the feeling inside me needs something.

The air seems to hum as goosebumps trial up and down my body. My vision blurs and my breathing quickens.

What's happening to me?

My wolf cries out and dizziness consumes me for a second. I close my eyes and wait for whatever this is to pass. As sudden as it began, it's stopped. Things like this used to happen, but not this bad though. Never this bad.