chapter 19

Eliana POV

Bethany turns back around as my heartbeat pounds hard and fast in my chest.

"What did you just say?" She asks, walking back towards me. I stand up. Alyssa grabs at my hand but I brush her off.

This has gone on long enough.

"What the fuck is your problem?" I repeat as she stops in front of me.

"Eliana, just-" Alyssa starts.

"No. Since I got here she's been making sly comments and having outbursts because I'm here. Last night crossed the line." Bethany scoffs.

"You didn't do a thing about it then, you just like to sit around and have other people fight your battles for you." She snarls at me.

I'm done with that. I have to be stronger for Noah, and myself.

"Is that why you're always talking about me? I get it, I'm a weak bitch who can't speak up. That's what makes you so angry?" I narrow my eyes at her as she rolls her.

"You can't be Luna."

"Because you think I'm too weak, right?" I suck my teeth, clenching my jaw.

She nods, crossing her arms.

"So what do you want from me?" I deadpan, seething through my teeth.

"You'd snap under the pressure." She nods again.

"I'm willing to try to get stronger, more than ever now. You don't get to treat me like shit. I don't care what I seem to you. You're pissing me and my wolf off." I growl, as my wolf agrees with me.

"You should've been like this from day one." She blinks and walks past me, into the house.

Where the fuck is she going? We're not done yet.

"Hey-" I'm cut off as hands come around behind me and press me to a warm familiar chest.

"Don't be so mad anymore. It's hard for me to watch." Arching my head back, I see Noah grinning down at me.

My eyes widen as I look around and the whole pack watches me silently.

I fucked up.

Maybe I shouldn't have said all that to Bethany in front of them. They actually enjoy her.

Shit.

It would've ended up like this anyway.

My chest rises and falls quickly as my heart races. That was terrifying relieving.

I only felt this once before, when I was escaping.

Letting out a deep breath, I shake my head.

"That was a rush," I whisper to Noah, as he begins to lead us into the house. Pack members smirk at us and Alyssa gives me a thumbs up.

I guess I didn't get them too mad. I hope.

"It looked like one." He opens the door, unwrapping his arms from around me and leaving only his hand on the small of my back.

"Where are we going?" I ask as we head upstairs.

"To my room, to talk." He says as we continue up the steps. My slowing heart picks up it's pace.

"Why?" I breathe out, reaching the top of the steps.

"Because I don't feel like I've been hearing you a lot, and from what you said to Bethany, I have a lot of questions."

Noah POV

Eliana sits across from me on my bed. Her fingers twist around each other as she holds her head low.

"Do you like it around the house?" I ask, leaning back on both my hands. She looks up and smiles.

"Yeah, Alyssa has been really nice and mostly everyone else has been too." She maintains eye contact and I feel a knot release within myself.

"I'm sorry for Beth, she's always been a hothead. She wants the best for the pack and would do anything for that." Eliana's eyes move back down to her hands.

"You were close to her?" She asks, twiddling her fingers.

I see what this is about.

I smirk.

"Yeah we were super close, I used to take baths with her." My smirk grows as Eliana shifts uncomfortably on her seat.

"So you really care about her opinion, right?" Her gaze turns back on mine and I quickly hide my grin.

"I know to listen when she's addressing something." Eliana sighs, as My amusement leaves me.

"When she said I wasn't a fit Luna for the pack, did you consider that?" My eyes widen as her fingers stop.

Is that what she been thinking? That I would just abandon her?

"It's true, I did think about that, last night actually. I can't see anyone but you as my Luna. I'll be damned if I let you go." I clench my fist as she blinks at me.

"I'm willing to try. I can get stronger for you and the pack. I just don't want to let you down. I don't want to let myself down." She says as tears fill her eyes.

"And I believe you can. You proved that much talking to Beth the way you just did." I place my hand on hers.

She looks at me and nods, blinking away her tears.

"It felt good, I'm not going to lie. She's been quite the bitch." We both laugh.

"She'll come around soon enough." Eliana stares up at me with dewy eyes.

Her beautiful kinky hair stands tied up while her shape has begun to fill out. I swallow, trying to keep my eyes on hers.

"I'm going to rant to you anytime I have a problem now. You just made yourself my therapist." She smiles at me as her mahogany skin seems rich with gold as sunlight from the noon sun beats in through the window and on to her face.

She tries her best for me. plays with her fingers and eats like a vacuum. She's perfect.

How can she be so irresistible?

I don't respond as she stares in my eyes as well. The room becomes quiet, as only the sound of my heart pounds in my ears.

She's struggled with being her pack's slave and yet she sits here, pushing forward. Getting on with her life.

When will I be able to move away from my past? When will I gain the strength to truly let go?

I lean in, my eyes looking between her lips and her orbs, which flood with sunlight revealing pools of milk chocolate. They flutter shut as our breath mingle together.

Lovely, she's too lovely for me.

Is your heart supposed to be able to beat this fast?

The top of my lip skims over hers as I prepare to press mine to hers.

"Alpha! You have-" We flinch apart as Kai burst into the room.

I'm going to kill him.

He freezes, eyes wide as puts his hands up.

"I'm so sorry." He backs up quickly shutting the door behind him.

I'm really going to have to end his life.

"Um, I should get going too. See you during dinner." With that, Eliana runs out the door and to her room.

I didn't even get a word in.

She's so cute.

I smile, laying on my back and taking a deep breath of the air Eliana sat in. Her scent coats my sheets and I shudder.

I don't know how long I'll be able to hold back.
_______________________________________
4.86k ~ 5/20/20

Hey guys. Thanks for all your support.

Next update on the 22nd!

XO.

The Alpha's HeartOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara