chapter 15

Eliana POV

He's rejecting me.

I knew it. I disappointed him and his pack already and now they want me gone.

Why did I think I would ever find a place I belong?

"I get it, Noah. I'll just go. I'm sorry I was-"

"No, no I said that really wrong. It's more like I think you about so much, I don't think about them." He rubs his nape.

Is that any better?

"Where is this going?"

He's going to get rid of me so he can focus on his pack.

"I'm busy but I want you to know it's not cause I don't want to grow our bond, it's that my pack needs me as much as you do." He stares at me intensely.

"I know. I'm not going to force you to be around, I'm happy with just being like this. See me when you can."

I'm grateful he allowed me in his pack to begin with.

He nods and slaps his thighs, getting up.

"Come on." He gestures me to follow him as he walks closer to the shore. I comply.

He's been having to decide which of us is more important to him.

He kneels next to the drifting water, as I follow his lead.

I don't have as much responsibility over the pack but-

A wave of cold lake water douses the side of shoulder and I freeze. Noah smirks at me as wrings out his wet hand.

Did he just-?

"That brought you back." He still beams with a grin on his lips.

It's on.

My arm dives into the water, swiping up a handful and splashing it at him.

He laughs, backing away from me and sending me another wave.

"Are you sure you want to start this? I'll win." He says, standing up but keeps close to the lake shore.

I take another swing of the water at him, getting up as he exchanges the blow for one of his. Water coats my hair and springs it to life, as his hair melts across his forehead.

He throws one last swipe of water my way before I take off into the forest.

My clothes stick to my skin as the cool air hits me. My limbs propel forward gaining momentum as my wolf begins to take over, using her instincts to move my human body around the forest floor.

Grinning, it stretches ear to ear as I glance behind me. My eyes widen as Noah runs a few feet from me.

He speeds up a bit and I watch as his figure moves to my side.

What the-

"I told you not to play a game you wouldn't win." He lunges for me and I yelp, ducking out the way as Noah rolls across the ground.

Loud laughs escape me as wind seeps through the thin fabric, as I seem to run into an icy breeze.

I never got to truly run as my old pack. Not as wild and free as this.

My wolf slips into control from my lack of concentration, ripping the cloth around me and bursting in full speed.

I guess she was itching to be let out as well.

My first shift happened from a fit of rage I didn't know I could express at age 8. It was abrupt and painful, but it brought me my first friend. I was grateful for the companion.

She dives under branches and the pack house comes in to view, white with windows littered all over it, standing in all it's glory.

"Two can play that game!" Noah calls out from behind me. A tearing sound cuts into the noise of life in the area and a wolf with fur as the night sky, runs up beside me.

I take in the sight of his rippling fur and large frame. My wolf is like a medium to his large.

My wolf whines to stop running so she can pounce on our mate.

No, stupid. This is a race! Our dignity is on the line here.

Noah nods towards the house, confirming my thoughts as he passes me.

We speed up as well, staying neck to neck with him as the house nears.

The last final 100 feet, we sprint both pushing at each other until I jump, clashing into the side wall of the building, seconds before Noah does.

I guess being little isn't so bad after all.

I turn to him, ready to bark he lost and notice a girl standing next to the spot with two sets of clothing.

"Here, next time you decide to play around don't make me in charge of your attire." She throws the clothes to the ground and sends me a look, rolling her eyes.

My eyebrows furrow.

Her voice remind me of the two in the bathroom last night.

Oh yeah, the two that hate me.

Noah shakes his scout and nudges the items to me. I nod.

We're not in the same pack yet so we can't communicate as wolves.

I nip the clothes with my two fangs and head back towards a tree to change. My wolf fights me every step I take away from Noah.

We can't just shift back in front of him. She pouts.

I roll my eyes as my bones rearrange themselves and the cold breeze from before bites a little harder.

"You didn't even ask me if I wanted to come watch." I scream as Noah's voice comes from the other side of the tree.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to look. Unless you want me to." He says. I quickly put on the underwear and bra.

"How did you get changed so fast?" I ask, stepping into the dress, as my skin dries.

"I'm not done, I just followed you over here. You were so in head, you didn't even notice me. That and we're soaked." The steady stream of lake water trailing down from my hair to my back and beyond tickle all of a sudden.

"Why'd you follow me?" The dress hangs loose from my body as the zipper on my back mocks me.

Do I really have to...?

"My wolf told me to and I was going to say no, but why should I fight my instincts? They're natural." His tone darkens as his sentence concludes.

Goosebumps spread up and down my arms for more than just the cold.

"Can you zip up my dress for me?" A voice sounding just like mine says.

Silence begins as I walk out from my side of the tree. Noah stares at me as I swallow and turn my back to him.

"Please?"
_______________________________________
3,204 ~ 5/12/20

Thanks so much for 3k! It's almost been a month since I let this story out! The support for this book is so nice, I love you guysss.

Stay safe at home y'all.

Next update on the 14th!

XO.