chapter 13

Eliana POV

The Moonstribe didn't start off as horrible as it became.

Liam and I were good friends, from the beginning of when I can remember.

My parents had died and I couldn't remember a day before my 5th birthday so he was my world. The adults would stand by look down at us, mostly Liam for playing with me, but he didn't care much.

His father was nice to me as well. He'd give me candies and chocolates.

I used to love the both of them.

The day the Alpha slapped me across the face for asking him who my parents were was the end of our relationship.

They're dead. Get over it.

He dismissed me and they was the last time we spoke as equals. The next time, I was told to get in the kitchen and start learning how to cook.

Liam left me soon after that.

I was alone by age 8 and tears became my companion.

What did I do wrong?

Why are they so mean?

How do I get them back?

Questions would drown me every night, until it was my normal.

Until I accepted that I was below them and they were above me and as long as I did what they wanted me to, maybe those lines would blur again, like they did when I was younger.

I sigh, staring up at my ceiling. The gossip from the bathroom comes to mind.

So, how do I make them like me here?

Noah pops into my mind like he has been every two seconds since I met him.

I wish I could say it's getting annoying, but my wolf really likes his face. I do too.

It's been three days since we really talked.

A couple days ago, I couldn't even sit next to him at dinner and he couldn't even show me around house. He sent Alyssa to do it instead.

How am we supposed to work on this mate bond if I never see him?

I turn, groaning into my pillow.

Being Alpha is a hard job, I can imagine, but I just want to be near him like all the time.

I can't make him choose between me and his pack, but I just want to know more about him.

I'm a dog. I can't even pull myself to get up and out of bed let alone, talk to Noah or his pack members.

I'm free to do whatever I want do and yet the things that held me back before, are holding me back now as well.

When can I truly escape the cage made by years of oppression and loneliness?

How do I try?

The battlefield out of this room, scares me more than leaving that old reality did.

Sitting up, I shake my hair and nod.

I'm hungry.

I can't keep stressing myself out. Food is available to me without sneaking it, I'll eat and then worry. Sounds like a plan.

I get dressed, brushing my teeth and showering in the bathroom within my room. Noah really went all out. I slip on the shoes Alyssa gave me, using my finger to get my heel in around it.

My fingers wrap around the door knob.

Into the battlefield.

I twist it open and Noah stands before me, his hand up ready to knock.

The Alpha's Heartजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें